BD narration

Soooo, the eternal question remains, if Bluecoats were doing this show at the exact same level of execution, would they be undefeated right now? I say no. BD can do what they do because they are BD, and what BD does has long been regarded as "the" thing to do in the activity. Even Dance Derby of the Century was rewarded fairly generously, while there are some that thought it was beneath them (BD).

Just once, I'd like to see three corps decide on the same theme (including music), we could then make the determination as to who carried off the theme better both in programming and execution. With the 2012 BD show (which except for the narration, I like), how can you say their concept is better than, for example, Cadets? At that point it seems to come down to a matter of preference/taste which shouldn't have any place in the activity.

RM

Yep!

I think it was '95 Scouts (I know it was Masison not sure about the year) that Cesario was talking about when he said "they don't need a concept - they ARE the concept." I wish he would shake that particular club over the design teams for next year.

Seriously - I'm not feeling like the FN membership has been worth it this time around....

- - - - - - - - - -

In the Arabia of three noons

Towers with crocodiles foreheads

In the Arabia your new skin

And turbans of black dream.

(snipped in the name of mercy)

Thanks - it all makes sense to me now.....:doh:

....yeah I know - it's not supposed to....

Edited by Grandpa

Seriously - I'm not feeling like the FN membership has been worth it this time around....

In my opinion FN is one of things I look forward to every year. I am far removed from where shows are and in some ways, I feel more in tune than I have been before they started doing FN.

In my opinion FN is one of things I look forward to every year. I am far removed from where shows are and in some ways, I feel more in tune than I have been before they started doing FN.

I agree - and up here in Canada we're not that close to anything (no show in Buffalo this year...)

But the product has to be something you want to see enough to pay money. I wonder if the success of BD's show will spawn a whole raft of over-narrated artsy shows next year. Not something I could watch.

To this day I still refuse to watch dance derby. I tried to watch it the other day but it was just too cheesy. This show has music from two of my favorite BD shows so that is why I like it.

I agree - and up here in Canada we're not that close to anything (no show in Buffalo this year...)

But the product has to be something you want to see enough to pay money. I wonder if the success of BD's show will spawn a whole raft of over-narrated artsy shows next year. Not something I could watch.

I am in Canada as well. If BD comes here I would cheer them on like no tomorrow...

I stated in another thread re: "Corps that have changed Drum Corps" that I questioned BD being an influence on change because no one has copied them in the last 5 years. They have their style locked into themselves right now.

• Like 1

To this day I still refuse to watch dance derby. I tried to watch it the other day but it was just too cheesy. This show has music from two of my favorite BD shows so that is why I like it.

I'm with you. Great music, terrible visual and concept. There is so much visual dirt everywhere in that program, that I never expect to see from BD. Did the Europe trip throw them off so much? :blink: