Dublin Does Drum Corps

Now into the Dropkick Murphys section of the show. This is my favorite part. I'd like to see Pioneer do a full show of their music. It would be a departure from their normal selections while still staying true to their heritage.

• Like 1

And, to finish and leave the field, the corps plays their signature tune, the Gary Owen March. The lead characters of the show share one more dance as the corps leaves the field, almost like a curtain call.

There's a guy in a Crossmen jacket who is Italian sitting near me. Just asked a kid if he'd like to get his picture taken with an Italian guy. Who wouldn't?

• Like 1

Now into the Dropkick Murphys section of the show. This is my favorite part. I'd like to see Pioneer do a full show of their music. It would be a departure from their normal selections while still staying true to their heritage.

I agree, but isn't Dropkick mostly Scottish? Well, for a bunch of Boston guys...

Next on the field are the Crossmen from San Antonio, Texas. Their 2012 program is entitled "FRAGILE" and consists of:

Earth Song by Jackson, Michael

Wailers by McFerrin, Bobby

PD7 by Shankar, Anoushka

Here Comes the Flood by Gabriel, Peter

Finding and Believing by Metheny, Pat

I agree, but isn't Dropkick mostly Scottish? Well, for a bunch of Boston guys...

They played Brigadoon in 2000, so it's not like they'd be exploring totally new territory.

I absolutely LOVE that the drum majors wear the old school uniforms, complete with capes. All we need is Bones, but I doubt he'd show up at a show like this.

Corps is getting ready to lie down in their world map set.

I had never heard Earth Song before Crossmen played it. That's what I get for not being a Michael Jackson fan.

Lush baritone solo to start the show.

Nope. Irish and Bostonian. They talk about it a bit on their Live from Fenway album. It would be awesome to see someone do a full show of their music, or the Pogues. I think it would make an awesome show