Dublin Does Drum Corps

There are now some buoys on the field as well as judges' blinds with aquatic images. I also love that I now know that the guard starts out looking like a net cast into the sea to start the show. Great imagery.

Great backfield playing by horns and drums after the pit opens the show. The Blue in Blue World really comes across.

Corps turns front and SOUND!

Love the flags! An appropriate seafoam color and look, almost like waves on the ocean themselves.

Excellent build in sound while slowing the tempo as the corps hits the end of the opening statement.

Trumpet line is like biting on tinfoil, and I mean that in a good way. I'm very happy with the music performance of the Blue Stars this year.

Interesting that some of the male rifles are wearing white Navy caps while others have blue knit sailor caps.

Second movement of the show, horns playing back field. Great sound.

Nice addition as the horns stand still - they reach forward with one hand and wave it, creating a wave motion from left to right in the form.

Man, horns are really pushing air through their instruments tonight when the volume calls for it. Great projection while still exhibiting dynamic contrast.

Drums back in after the ballad. Nice accelerando by the corps while playing the familiar New World theme. Ever since Cesario pointed out it's so similar to the Jaws theme, though, I can't hear it any other way. Thanks, Michael!