Dear Show Designers

EDM would be amazing on the field. (Thanks for thinking of me :music: )

Skrillex would be ri-goddam-diculous on the field as a drum break.

Behold: (Not to mention that this guy is super talented)

• Like 2

I don't think anyone here has suggested that the music must be familiar. If anything, most of what's been thrown out there here isn't.

But still freakin' awesome. If nothing else, I'm getting great ideas for band...

Cudo's to you, Kamarag.

I've been hinting and suggesting to my son's old high school music director about gaming music for years.

I'm a bit surprised it hasn't been tried yet, with the changes to sampling rules. Plus, you'd have the added bonus of driving the purists and dinos insane.

I mean if you're not bobbing your head to that video I posted, well...then I just can't help you.

But the dinos and purists would be fun to tick off...didn't think of that angle. :devil:

OK, that's pretty cool.

Crown tried to play "techno" one year (01? 00?) and it was... uh... a thing.

Agree, +1, etc.

Limited exposure here (truth in advertising . . .my largest dose of Skrillex came only a few days ago listening on the way to lunch to "Here and Now" on NPR http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2012/07/30/electronic-dance-music if anyone else is interested ), but I kept thinking on the drive . . .this could be fun for a drumline.

Agree, +1, etc.

Limited exposure here (truth in advertising . . .my largest dose of Skrillex came only a few days ago listening on the way to lunch to "Here and Now" on NPR http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2012/07/30/electronic-dance-music if anyone else is interested ), but I kept thinking on the drive . . .this could be fun for a drumline.

If you'd like I can provide lots of listening examples. The EDM genre is massive and extends far beyond dubstep, which is what you heard from Skrillex.

Jersey Surf turned an excellent pop tune into an excellent drum corps moment. Party Rock. Can't get any better than that.

Don't the Cavies have a bit of an EDM thing going on in their closer this year?

If you'd like I can provide lots of listening examples. The EDM genre is massive and extends far beyond dubstep, which is what you heard from Skrillex.

While I agree that you could do a LOT of fun things with the EDM style, you have to wonder how far one could take it before you get controversy over the amount of sampling vs. amount of playing. Heck, we already have that now. You build a feature around a style of electronic music that's heavily sampled and people will freak as was previously stated.

• Like 1