Isn't there a major show tonight in Allentown?

I don't think Drum Corps fans are going to Drum Corps shows expecting to be entertained equally by all the Corps they'll get to watch ? Is this what you believe ? That fans go to shows thinking all the Corps they'll see will entertain them equally ?

nice try..stop putting words in my mouth, entertained equally no..entertained YES..but there are many forms of engaging an audience and maney ways an audience shows that

Edited by GUARDLING

Why would an show that engages the audience inherently not be demanding of its performers ? I don't think they are mutually exclusive at all in the hands of a creative show designer. Why do you assume that a demanding show for Corps performers can not also be an engaging show for audiences ?

Two separate thoughts. Engage the audience in any manner you choose but without an element of demand/content and you can forget about being competitive on these sheets.

I sure hope shows don't all turn out the same down the road. However, I do want to be entertained in some way with at least a few shows at competitions. I realize that shows have become more like BOA and WGI over the past few years. Some of this may be a good thing. I would hope that most corps would consider the fans when programming their shows in the future instead of seeing how far out there they can go. This is just my opinion. I can appreciate a difficult horn book, complex drill, and excellent guard equipment work. I guess I want the best of both worlds - being entertained and appreciate the shows. :smile:

.but there are many forms of engaging an audience and maney ways an audience shows that

Of course. Who would possibly think otherwise ? I'm really not sure what your central beef is here with your fellow fans.

Most fans really,... REALLY,... enjoyed the Jersey Surf in Allentown. More so than many of the higher placing Corps. But so what ? Does this somehow bother you ?

Edited by BRASSO

Engage the audience in any manner you choose but without an element of demand/content and you can forget about being competitive on these sheets.

And I don't disagree at all with this assessment of yours on this.

I sure hope shows don't all turn out the same down the road.

I've heard this fear expressed before. But I believe such fears are totally unwarranted. For one thing, since the inception of DCI close to 40 years ago we have never, ever, had a year in which all the shows and styles of shows from the Corps were all the same. So there is nothing to fear at all, imo. We have always had variety of approaches and styles in DCI.

Edited by BRASSO

Of course. Who would possibly think otherwise ? I'm really not sure what your central beef is here with your fellow fans.

Most fans really,... REALLY,... enjoyed the Jersey Surf in Allentown. More so than many of the higher placing Corps. But so what ? Does this somehow bother you ?

whos talkin Surf..seems you got to prove your point which will or wont mean a thing to others. So people like Surf, you hear anyone say they didnt....actually there were some BUT..and why would what Surf does bother me...I taught the original so Im flattered

Edited by GUARDLING

So people like Surf, you hear anyone say they didnt.

Yes. As a matter of fact.. YOU... on a PM message to me less than an hour ago. Would you like me to quote your precise words re. Jersey Surf here on the public forum ?

Yes. As a matter of fact.. YOU... on a PM message to me less than an hour ago. Would you like me to quote your precise words re. Jersey Surf here on the public forum ?

I never said anything negative nor said they didnt deserve the attention..as I said. I pm ed you out of repect and told you some things as an adult ( silly me ) our converstaion is over pal....now others can see why kids are told to stay off the social networks.And for the record YES i did say not everyone maybe doesnt like Surf...so what....you like everyone?

Edited by GUARDLING

Two separate thoughts. Engage the audience in any manner you choose but without an element of demand/content and you can forget about being competitive on these sheets.

Indeed. If the corps isn't achieving anything of meaningful content, then they are getting the score they earned.