East Rutherford Show

BD has the most god awful show I've ever seen out of a potential champion. Some day they'll be a drum corps again. And march. And play. And march and play.

Couldn't agree more.

Edited by Mike McMullen
  • Like 7

bathrooms were pretty sweet. And I love having a young man hand me towels after I wash my hands.

In NY- Jersey they charge people $7.50 for a bottle of coke, $5-6 bucks for bottled water. You drink it down, go pee, a guy gives you a towel after you wash your hands and you think " hey, this is pretty sweet ". I say.. give me 3.50 cokes, 2 buck bottled water, and I'll dry my own hands in the bathroom after I go thank you very much.

Edited by BRASSO

319372_4376907390811_599444676_n.jpg302413_4376902950700_624628491_n.jpg Yay! It worked!! Thanks texascv1 for showing me how. Sorry it took so long to get these on here. With the help of my oldest son's terrific girlfriend, we are in the process of baking 400 homemade chocolate chip cookies to take the the Bluecoats tomorrow!!

319372_4376907390811_599444676_n.jpg302413_4376902950700_624628491_n.jpg Yay! It worked!! Thanks texascv1 for showing me how. Sorry it took so long to get these on here. With the help of my oldest son's terrific girlfriend, we are in the process of baking 400 homemade chocolate chip cookies to take the the Bluecoats tomorrow!!

How odd to not see my son on the field. How did they open the show?

Hi Liahona,

We were there and missed the announcement, can you belive it???

We were under shelter after they emptied out the stadium due to the weather, when I got a phone call from Holly who is with DCI. The plan was for her to come to us in the stands right after the Cavies and she was going to introduce us and I would then wish my wife a very Happy 40th Anniversary along with 7,000 of our closest friends, blah, blah,blah.... Well she explained that because of the weather, the plan was scratched and the powers that be, decided that it couldn't be done.

MORE THAN REASONABLE, IT WAS A VERY RESPONSIBLE DECISION.

I agreed with Holly and thanked her very very much for the attempt.

It was very noisy and hrad for me to hear, but I thought she may have said something about a possible annoucement so I decided to stay, meanwhile I was trying to explain who Holly was and why I the conversation was taking place, well, I straightened that out, but I didn't tell her about the possible announcement mostly because I wasn't sure, We sat and enjoyed the rest of the show until the idiotic delay by Phantom to get on the field while the audience sat in the rain, I voiced my opinion and was verbally attacked by three guys who had to much to drink and I could see trouble coming. So we got up and went to stand under the stadium for the rest of the evening and we couldn't hear any announcements.

Sorry for this painfully long post, I just wanted to thank Holly & everyone from DCI who tried to pull this off.

YES it did! :smile:

Then it's pretty magical how I CLEARLY heard the mello solo come out of BOTH amps .... overpowering everything else on the field including the pit. Just sayin. I was dead on the 50 in row 29. It was clear as a bell.... especially when the soloist is on the 50 and you're getting the sound in Stereo from the 35's.

I hope you aren't talking about MetLife stadium. Cavies didn't even bring their electronics onto the field!

• Like 2

Just got another text from scvanguard:

"The show has started, but will be exhibition due to continued rain. Scvanguard at the gate & up next"

This bothered me...anyone remember remember Parade of Champions show in Kingston last year. Yeah, I know I'm talking DCA but if the Caballeros could run around in a down poor and be judged why not the junior corps???

There was a chance of lightning the entire night. My thoughts are they didn't want to have it judged in case they had to end the show early. That's my best guess.

This bothered me...anyone remember remember Parade of Champions show in Kingston last year. Yeah, I know I'm talking DCA but if the Caballeros could run around in a down poor and be judged why not the junior corps???

Was this the same day that someone got hit & killed (6 others hurt) by lightning at the NASCAR race at Pocono? Seems like it was a call on the safe side.