RIP Chuck Saia

it is with a heavy heart that I post here the passing of Charles "Chuck" Saia.

Chucks was a performer and administrator for many years with the Westshoremen, and one of the Five Stars in Five Star Brass. he also did many duties for DCA over the years as well as for local band and indoor circuits.

Arrangements have not yet been made available, and as soon as I have them, unless someone beats me to it, I'll post them.

"Uncle" Chuck was a great friend to all, especially my family, and he will be missed terribly. Thank you Chuck for all you have done, including when you killed my Dad's pet snake when he went to reserves that weekend.

I just gasped when I saw this..... ####!! Thanks for the heads up Jeff.

*sigh* Chuck was one of the reasons why I was able to join Westshoremen after my start up corps (which never got going) broke up. Rode with Chuck and some others as my parents didn't trust me with a brand new license. Then end of the first year Chuck was one of the BoD that informed me that I was coming back the following year. I was supposed to be asked but they answered for me.. before I had a chance to open my mouth.

####, coming back from my dads and driving past Vesta Dr turn off on 39 is gonna be sad for a while. Same with that Chinese place where I last spoke to Chuck.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

RIP Chuck...you were one of the good guys!

RIP Chuck...you were one of the good guys!

I assume this was a shocker... certainly had no idea if he was sick...

Chuck was definitely - as Donnie said - one of the good guys... He will be missed by all... A special send out to his family and his 5 star brass friends - Larry Hershman and all...

Chuck was good to all of us kids at Westshore. I've been thinking of him a lot lately, and now I know why. I knew he'd not been 100 percent for awhile, and kept hoping he'd visit alumni rehearsals over the last couple of years.

I knew Chuck had been ill off and on in recent years... but this news still came as a surprise.

He was such a great guy. Always with a friendly greeting, and a terrific sense of humor.

RIP, Chuck.

RIP Chuck. I had the pleasure of meeting him when I first started judging in Cavalcade and wished I knew him longer. We had a nice discussion about my dad and Drum corps.

what a shame, I always enjoyed a good conversation with Chuck. Truly a wonderful guy,He will be missed.

Jay