Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Factory

Also, Cavaliers do play their instruments at the end, that whole long chord they hold out on the sideline. That is technically the end since the drum major turns and bows. Think of the dance as that scene in a movie that runs in the middle of, or after, the credits. Just a little something extra special for you.

Ah, kewl!

Is that part judged too?

• Like 1

Looks to me like they're having fun, you know...fun. Isn't that what this whole activity should be about?

Exactly. And the Cavies have had many a break-it-down section of there shows throught the years. I don't see how this is new for some people. I thought it went great with their show, and talk about reaching the audience. Especially love when it says "guess we got our swagger back." that's kind of like a huge confidence booster and statement after this turbulent season for them. I thought they were very strong tonight. And for sure widened the gap between them and Boston.

I was wrong...

BK didn't stay slightly ahead of Spirit.

They should have been slightly behind Blue Stars. This is not a dance competition :music:

• Like 1

Boston 89.3

Cavaliers 89.4

Come on! Break 90! thumbup.gif

Nah, Cavaliers use of electronics is tightly and efficiently integrated into their program. There are so many layers it's crazy. A lot of work went into it, and it shows.

No question they worked hard on it, nor that it is integrated, because it is indeed playing a key part of the show. I contend there are plenty of creative analog effects that can be explored, though, without needing to rely on electronics.

Not gonna happen if the judges keep rewarding them like they did today.................

Not really a reward, BK earned every point.

The fact of the matter is that BK has a show that was designed for August. It has taken them all summer to clean and now it's finally showing. Spirit has an easier show and they peaked early. They had no where else to go. That's all there is to it.

• Like 2

No question they worked hard on it, nor that it is integrated, because it is indeed playing a key part of the show. I contend there are plenty of creative analog effects that can be explored, though, without needing to rely on electronics.

I'd agree with you, but that's what they chose to do, so I'm not going to complain. I've done that in the past on here to no avail! tongue.gif

Unfortunately, I can get anyone to watch DCI with me anymore because of it ( I'm serious too)...

Maybe next year I'll go back to complaining...

Edited by jjeffeory

I love Bluecoats show musically! A joy to listen too!

• Like 1