Jersey Surf's Identity

40 members have voted

1. 1. What identity would you rather see Surf move forward with?

• Classic Surf
    • Bridgemen 2.0
    • New option: Still Surf, but in the spirit of their 2012 show

It works....don't mess with it....drum corps needs some comedy in the Open class anyway.

...so true, Sam! Surf *will* provide that, never fear...they ain't goin' anywhere but UP!

They are on the right track. Keep up the fun, entertainment and comedy. Step up the difficulty and execution, and, in a few years, we may be talking about their first trip to finals.

Absolutely loved the Jersey Surf show. After seeing them at prelims for the first time, I scrambled back to make it to semi's in time to see their show. No way I would miss it! GREAT, GREAT, SHOW. So much fun - well done... fun, cheering, laughter, smiles, loving your show. What more could you ask for?

There's definitely room for your style of showmanship in the activity.

Now, what are you going to do in 2013? We'll have to wait - - - I'm looking forward to it!!!

THANK YOU!!!thumbup.gif

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

Bridgeman 2.0!

I'm not old enough to have experienced then on the field but more like 2012 is what drum corps needs. Everyone takes their shows too seriously anyway!

This is the absolute truth. I'm all for variation, and Surf should take the ball and run with it as far as blatant entertainment goes. The best part of their show, LMFAO, had nothing to do with Bridgemen, but had everything to do with Bridgemen's entertaining spirit.

They need their own identity, but i the vein of what they did this year. Since they went World Class, people's reaction to Surf has always been kind of "meh". This year, people are actually rushing into the stands early to be there for Surf to go on. That is such a great thing for that corps and the activity, that people are rushing to see the early corps as well as the late corps, because the first corps on are just so entertaining, that people want to be there instead of wandering the lot till the Top 12 start.

• Like 1