2013 Predictions

Boston will continue to climb. Three years, three notches upward...

Actually, Boston has only climbed in placement for the past two consecutive years, in 2011 and 2012. In 2010, they ended the season in 9th place, down two spots from 2009's 7th-place finish.

Only two World Class corps have climbed in placement in each of the past three seasons -- Phantom Regiment (9th in 2009, 6th in 2010, 5th in 2011 and 3rd in 2012) and Spirit of Atlanta (17th in 2009, 16th in 2010, 12th in 2011 and 11th in 2012).

Edited by oldsoprano
  • Like 1

Actually, Boston has only climbed in placement for the past two years, in 2011 and 2012. In 2010, the ended the season in 9th place, down two spots from 2009's 7th-place finish.

Only two World Class corps have climbed in placement in each of the past three seasons -- Phantom Regiment (9th in 2009, 6th in 2010, 5th in 2011 and 3rd in 2012) and Spirit of Atlanta (17th in 2009, 16th in 2010, 12th in 2011 and 11th in 2012).

So if Spirit continues their pattern, they should end up in 7th next year!

1- Carolina Crown

2- Santa Clara Vanguard

3- Blue Devils

4- Phantom Regiment

5- Cadets

6- Cavaliers

7- Bluecoats

8- Madison Scouts

9- Blue Knights

10- Boston Crusaders

11- Academy

12- Pacific Crest

I know this won't happen, but it'd be nice to see. If the Troopers can jump from 16th (2008) to 12th (2009) in one season, then PC can do the same.

Funny thing is, I can totally see PC making their way into finals before Academy. Not sure why.

Too bad Blue Stars and Troopers are some of the best managed drum corps in DCI.

If they merged they could become" The True Stars".

Yes. But how many seasons can you continue operating with No Respect?

That was an uncalled for Zing, Martin.

- BD continues to ignore everyone. Win again like it ain't even a thang. Gives no #@$%'s.

- Crown, who absolutely has to be pulling its hair out in frustration at this point, preps an absolutely killer show. Even better than this year's. BD runs past them yelling "LOLWUT?" on their way to the title. Crown gets shut out again.

- Phantom continues to be Phantom. Puts a great show on the field, does some work on the percussion section to bolster their scores.

- Cadets decide that they picked the wrong holiday to celebrate. Design a show based completely around the TRUE meaning of the holiday season: Black Friday.

- SCV decides Van Gogh too old to connect with community. Reuses idea with more modern artist. Picks Thomas Kinkade.

- Bluecoats just really tired of 6th place #### it.

- Boston, ecstatic over their victory over Cavies, spends the next 4 months in New Orleans absolutely wasted. Forgets to design show. Does last minute emergency back-up plan: Conquest Again.

- Cavies decide they probably should have gone "Full Elton", despite warnings that one should NEVER go "Full Elton".

- Madison wants you to know that testosterone is, in fact, an adjective. Plays "A Drum Corps Fan's Dream Part 3". Ignites 2nd baby boom via immaculate musical conception. Hide yo' kids. Hide yo' wife.

- Blue Knights fails to take the field when the entire corps, after the first rehearsal of their stunningly high-brow art show, evolves into a higher state of being simultaneously.

- Spirit just havin' fun out there!

- Crossmen catapult to nearly the top of the charts because they're from Texas and I'm from Texas and I said so.

Edited by geluf
  • Like 2

You don't let the Crossmen sneak into the Finals at the 11th hour after beating them and others ahead of you all summer long if you truly respect them.

So let me get this straight: On some days of the week, you're for slotting, but on other days of the week you're not for slotting.

Todays Monday. Are you for slotting today or will you be for slotting later in the week ?

The Crossmen did not " sneak into the Finals ", Marti.

Edited by BRASSO

Actually, Boston has only climbed in placement for the past two consecutive years, in 2011 and 2012. In 2010, they ended the season in 9th place, down two spots from 2009's 7th-place finish.

Or another way of looking at it, Boston has risen in placement position at Finals 3 out out of the last 4 seasons. Not too shabby. The question is whether or not the Boston Crusaders can build on this recent success and move up even higher. I don't know, and have no idea. But as long as they continue to put an entertaining show out on the field with understandable music and with not a lot of gibberish talking, voice overs, thunerderous goo from the pit area, and so forth, I'll be a fan of theres no matter where they place.

Now, if we can then get the cowboys and cowgirls from that Corps out in Wyoming to set aside themes from " The Theatre " or New York City Broadway's " West Side Story " and so forth, and find themselves some unique Americana western motif themes, then I 'll be an even happier camper. They've been to the NY Theatre for a bit now and its time now perhaps to follow a new theme that even old Horace Greeley might agree with when he said long ago to a young person that asked him for his sage advice on a career path to follow. Greeley told him.... " Go West, young Man ". Thats my unsolicited advice to The Troopers now if they wanted my 2 cents worth value on what to do next re. a theme for 2013.

Edited by BRASSO