2013 Predictions

Okay here we go....

Blue Devils-Suffer competitively in 2013 after their entire design staff resign from the corps to help Racine Scouts get back on the field! Racine is in for a very big year BTW!

Crown- Corps Director Jim Coates is admitted to a mental hospital after flipping out when someone mentions the number 2. Doctors are surprised to find that even while in a straight jacket Jim's cell is covered with the name Devils and Blue painted on the wall in blood.

Phantom- Misses making finals in 2013 after performing the entire 15 hours of Wagner's The Ring and receiving record number of overtime penalty points.

Cadets-perform the music of The Cadets--no not the drum corps, the doo wop group from Los Angeles. Look it up.

SCV- design a show based on the potato featuring audio clips from Hell's Kitchen Gordon Ramsay.

Bluecoats-Move to Hawaii to get away from the winters in Ohio. The only problem is they forgot to arrange transport back to the mainland for tour. Marc their new corps director apologizes to the members in June when he announces tour is canceled.

Boston-do a tribute show to Berklee school of music. They miss making finals because all performers are seated for the entire show and they score 0's in all visual captions.

Cavaliers-perform a tribute show to Dennis Rodman of Chicago Bulls fame. Imagine the uniforms!!

Madison-decide to really exploit their all male status with an all disco show featuring their opener "It's Raining Men".

Blue Knights-I got nothing!

Spirit-design a show featuring the music of Vanilla Ice. Uniform changes include flat top wigs and parachute pants.

Crossmen- perform the music of Chuck Mangione's Children of Sanchez and win DCI!!

...and the Gold medal for "Best Predictions" goes to Legolaus.

• Like 1

Interesting trend I've noticed with Crown.

2008 was the last year with the old 2004-2008 uniform. They placed 4th in 2008.

2009, they switched uniforms and placed 2nd.

2010 was the year after a uniform change. 4th.

2011 was the year before a uniform change. 4th, like 2008.

2012 was the year of a uniform change. 2nd.

2013, can we predict 4th?

Only, your facts are off.

Crown had the same Uniform from 2003 through 2006 ... the cream with purple stripes across the chest and a different version of the Crown Logo. See the pictures below.

2003: 06_01_2012_300x203.jpg

2004: dci_carolina_crown_01.jpg

2005: 06_24_2005_hendricks.jpg

2006: 13422_front.jpg

They changed in 2007 to the basic cream uniform with "windows" on the jacket where they could place something having to do with the show ... the sash in 2007, the varying five colors (different sets of three of the five) in 2008 and the green stuff in 2009 ... and a mirror in the shape of a Crown over their hearts. Those uniforms lasted three years. Again, here are the uniforms with their three different accents.

2007: l.jpg

2008: kevin%20w%20uniform.jpg

2009: 08.jpg

2010 brought another uniform change with the uniforms with jackets that have no sleeves (sleeves are from an undergarment like Under Armor) and a deep "V" cut at the neck. The colors could, again, be changed based on the show concept ... such as the sepia colors in 2010. Those uniforms are what they've used through this year. Finally, here are the most recent three with their accents.

2010: dci10_crown.jpg

2011: 2011Crown.jpg

2012:

7752286946_d515c448ed_z.jpg

428498_10200293745005378_1029459343_n.jpg

The only thing one could predict based on the facts about recent uniform changes at Carolina Crown is that the pattern shows that they will have a completely redesigned uniform next year, as they seem to redesign every three years lately, perhaps still very much with a cream base where you can add accents based on the show theme. But, as you can see, your logic is flawed because you got the years of the uniform changes mixed up. I'm just simply doing this to inform, not flame.

In short ... uniform changes:

Cream with purple stripes: 2003-2006 (four years)

Cream with places for accents: 2007-2009 (three years)

Cream with different places for accents: 2010-present (three years, so far)

• Like 1

bank on it:

#####ing, pissing, moaning, complaints, conspiracy accusations....

and whoever scores highest on finals night wins

They also never get any better.

This corps has been stuck in the 14-17 range since 07.

So a 13th place finish in 2007, and then this past year had the biggest jump from prelims to semis than any other corps had at almost 2 points.

I agree with SuviDuvi though. . they never get respect. Watching on DCP for many years back when they were in Div II they were trashed on and always saying "Oh these guys should move up to Div I and stop owning the guys in Div II" Then they move up and are doing good and still don't get the credit they deserve. I'm surprised they got 13th then even with the politics involved in this activity.

Also, Christian went from Academy to Phantom and right out of the gates, PR brass scored higher than Academy. The season went on, scores were higher and higher than 2011 for The Academy. Sure, each groups weren't identical but to tell everyone that a 3 point gap going from 2011 Academy Brass to 2012 Brass PR is correct just seems kind of weird. So does this mean that The Academy should have been scoring higher than they really were? Or what about Shane at PR, should Spirits percussion have been scoring higher prior to the move to PR? And I'm not a percussion guy, but I thought The Academy percussion was better this year than last yet still scored lower.

It just seems like the lower corps always get shafted, not just The Academy but all of them. Why don't they shake things up a little bit and do a random drawing for quarterfinals. So Pioneer could end up going on last and Crown, BD, Cadets, Phantom, etc. . could go on first. Or should we not do that because we don't want to upset the top corps? Or why don't they just do random show times for regular shows. Sure at your home show you can go on last, but why not randomize the time slots during the entire summer?

It just seems like the lower corps always get shafted, not just The Academy but all of them. Why don't they shake things up a little bit and do a random drawing for quarterfinals. So Pioneer could end up going on last and Crown, BD, Cadets, Phantom, etc. . could go on first. Or should we not do that because we don't want to upset the top corps? Or why don't they just do random show times for regular shows. Sure at your home show you can go on last, but why not randomize the time slots during the entire summer?

If you put the top corps on first no one would stay till the end, just look at how many people don't show up till the top 12 go on. The only type of randomization that would work is spacing corps out from throughout the event, beginning, middle and end. However, I must say I much prefer how the lineup is already done because it gives credit to scoring well.

And pigs will fly.

They did get 4th in brass in 2010, sandwiched in between two brass trophies of 2009 and 2011. It can happen. I for one think BD takes brass next season with a much more experienced horn line.

So let me get this straight: On some days of the week, you're for slotting, but on other days of the week you're not for slotting.

Todays Monday. Are you for slotting today or will you be for slotting later in the week ?

The Crossmen did not " sneak into the Finals ", Marti.

Sorry, you've got me confused with someone else. I don't believe in slotting at all. I'm the one who thinks all the scores are FIXED. But maybe that's what you mean by the term "slotting"?

Suggest you take the time to compare the NINE head-to-head contests where Blue Stars and Crossmen faced each other and let us know the results. I'll stand on your findings, Mr. Brasso. :hehe:

i think that the cavaliers will stay where they were this year. They got a new show designer, and thats where they lost all of their points.