Madison Scouts 2013

Please stop calling Madison a "rightful top 5 drum corps". They have an amazing show, yes, but to say they are already deservedly ahead of the two in front of them? That is a bit naive.

We must not forget that the other two are in the G7! So, never say negative things against them, unless you are a part if the G7!

Yes, thank you for the clarification...It makes total sense as to what's going on. Yup I can see it now, that was the crank talking!

So today I lost a LOT of respect for Madison alumni. Just because people have different opinions of something you don't need to go off on them. Very disrespectful. Madison is not a top 5 drum corps anymore. Get over it. Seriously.

It's not the end of the world if Madison gets a bad time slot. It's most definitely not some BS G7 conspiracy like some of you crazy folks seem to think.

Edited by HiddenMonster
  • Like 4

So today I lost a LOT of respect for Madison alumni. Just because people have different opinions of something you don't need to go off on them. Very disrespectful. Madison is not a top 5 drum corps anymore. Get over it. Seriously.

It's not the end of the world if Madison gets a bad time slot. It's most definitely not some BS G7 conspiracy like some of you crazy folks seem to think.

Here, here. But I wouldn't lose respect for all of them. I know quite a few and they are mature, rational, level-headed

and unfortunately, don't show up on here very often. It's the loud mouthed few that you see most often on here. And I don't

have much respect for those guys either. EVERY time something seems to go even slightly wrong for the Scouts - these

guys scream CONSPIRACY! I noticed something too....when the Cavaliers have scored less than well, the attitude isn't

"why are we getting screwed", it's "What are we doing wrong, and how can WE improve".

Thankfully, the current members of the Scouts seem to be conducting themselves with the latter attitude instead of the former,

maybe their "older brothers" (especially from the Howard and Stewart era) could mature a little and look at it more that way.

• Like 2

Here, here. But I wouldn't lose respect for all of them. I know quite a few and they are mature, rational, level-headed

and unfortunately, don't show up on here very often. It's the loud mouthed few that you see most often on here. And I don't

have much respect for those guys either. EVERY time something seems to go even slightly wrong for the Scouts - these

guys scream CONSPIRACY! I noticed something too....when the Cavaliers have scored less than well, the attitude isn't

"why are we getting screwed", it's "What are we doing wrong, and how can WE improve".

Thankfully, the current members of the Scouts seem to be conducting themselves with the latter attitude instead of the former,

maybe their "older brothers" (especially from the Howard and Stewart era) could mature a little and look at it more that way.

Yeah, some of my best friends I marched with at a lower drum corps have gone to Scouts the last few years. So maybe I put it the wrong way. Just frustrated. Madison is one of my favorite corps so I couldn't believe people were so worked up about them here. And the G7 conspiracy stuff on DCP got to me I guess.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, it's clear that reading/comprehension/logical evaluations are not your strengths. 1st, work on your skills of having a difference of opinion within the same topic or argument...You'll then gain relevance and possible respect. Right now, you're simply declaring statements into a cavern...Who or what are you even referring to? Otherwise, it appears as if you're (along with some of your friends here) flailing spaghetti against the wall.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, it's clear that reading/comprehension/logical evaluations are not your strengths. 1st, work on your skills of having a difference of opinion within the same topic or argument...You'll then gain relevance and possible respect. Right now, you're simply declaring statements into a cavern...Who or what are you even referring to? Otherwise, it appears as if you're (along with some of your friends here) flailing spaghetti against the wall.

I'm not even going to argue. You'll just continue to bash me and others, so I'm just gonna walk away. I have no respect for people who show no respect.

I'm not even going to argue. You'll just continue to bash me and others, so I'm just gonna walk away. I have no respect for people who show no respect.

Hey, why cant we all just get along???

• Like 1

Gotta say that was a good one! LOL love the bit about spaghetti on the wall! Too funny!

That's the point...Argue about what? I don’t want you to walk away, I'd much rather have a conversation among friends. One based upon fact and viewpoint, not hyperbole or emotion. I simply expressed my opinion several pages back regarding my disagreement with DCI's system of "drawing" ones appearance time at regional shows. I believe it's highly illogical and potentially damaging, and I would argue that fact on behalf of any drum corps...It's simply too important. My comments (if you'd read them) had nothing to say about (as you and others have somehow disseminated) "Madison always gets screwed"..."It's the judges!"...OR, "It's a mutual Hate Madison Conspiracy going on out there"! Nope, my comments were nothing of the sort. But how you, and the white russian got there is the question. That said, I do agree that there is some major Madison, illogic blind honkism that goes on here. I would say, see it for what it is and move on. Furthermore, be careful of characterizing along with Mr. multiple white russians those from "different" era’s or making knee-jerk assessments. There might be insight and perspective from an historical perspective that brings a fair degree of relevance and weight to the conversation. Also, it's very dangerous to project thought or motivation upon another individual. The challenge in this venue is that you have no idea who I am or what's in my heart.

Again, I'd rather that you stay and let us reason and dialogue together as friends (Russian dude, that goes for you as well). I have a lot to learn from those who have come after me and I respect and value your perspective.

Sincerely,