Madison Scouts 2013

Here is my cue to once again ask these questions: Why in the world did the Scouts drop the white belts, & why in the world did they not include spats & some red color in the uni?

Some of this years Scouts music I love, like the opening fanfare & MYNWA, but some of the second half of the show is just blah for me. Overall I love the concept & probably enjoy this show more that any other Madison show the last 10 years, with the exception of the greatest hits show a few years ago. The visual/drill is terrible. There isn't one single visual effect that make one take notice. Having said all that, its more about the music for me, but in order to compete Madison needs a more difficult & visually appealing show.

Edited by FlamMan
  • Like 2

Here is my cue to once again ask these question: Why in the world did the Scouts drop the white belts, & why in the world did they not include spats & some red color in the uni?

Some of this years Scouts music I love, like the opening fanfare & MYNWA, but some of the second half of the show is just blah for me. Overall I love the concept & probably enjoy this show more that any other Madison show the last 10 years, with the exception of the greatest hits show a few years ago. The visual/drill is terrible. There isn't one single visual effect that make one take notice. Having said all that, its more about the music for me, but in order to compete Madison needs a more difficult & visually appealing show.

Give it a rest with the spats dude. It would look terrible and it's never going to happen.

• Like 3

Here is my cue to once again ask these question: Why in the world did the Scouts drop the white belts, & why in the world did they not include spats & some red color in the uni?

Bro...say it about a thousand more times....yeah, beat that dead mutha-f###in horse....eventually, the

Scouts' staff will see how mature and wise you are, and get right on that s###! thumbdown.gif

• Like 4

Give it a rest with the spats dude. It would look terrible and it's never going to happen.

I will never stop fighting for spats darnit!

They would look great. The Scouts didn't wear the vinyl bando spats, we wore real US Navy spats that had to be laced up. The Spats were the coolest part of the uniform.

They would look great. The Scouts didn't wear the vinyl bando spats, we wore real US Navy spats that had to be laced up. The Spats were the coolest part of the uniform.

I know exactly what you guys wore back then. It looked great. That was then.

• Like 1

It's not 1981 anymore and it would be a visual disaster with modern drill....any tiny bit of phasing

or someone even an inch out of the form would stand out like a sore thumb. As much as I loved

your guys's 2006 alumni thing. The drill was dirty and VERY noticeable as such (especially in Malaguena)

those spats did not do you guys any favors....and you were marching slow drill with only a few sets.

Imagine a fast moving drill with over 100 sets just in the opener,,,,it would be a nightmare.

It's not 1981 anymore and it would be a visual disaster with modern drill....any tiny bit of phasing

or someone even an inch out of the form would stand out like a sore thumb. As much as I loved

your guys's 2006 alumni thing. The drill was dirty and VERY noticeable as such (especially in Malaguena)

those spats did not do you guys any favors....and you were marching slow drill with only a few sets.

Imagine a fast moving drill with over 100 sets just in the opener,,,,it would be a nightmare.

How is it that Phantom can march cleanly while wearing white shoes?

Sorry, double post.

Edited by Nine White Russians

They also didn't do 4 weeks of everydays followed by 8 weeks of touring.