EEK! Is this going to affect DCI East in 2013?

Lincoln Financia would cost too much and I believe is still real grass. metLife may price people out of going

• Like 1

If DCI East has to lave Allentown for a year, I would still suggest keeping it in Pennsylvania. Many people from New England do attend the show, but there are also quite a few from Virginia, the DC area, and Carolinas, so Pennsylvania is a good mid-point spot. Franklin Field, the site of DCI in 1975 and 76, may be a possibility.

I'd not like to see it at MetLife Stadium. As one poster pointed out, it would be expensive. MetLife charges for parking, food is expensive (and not as good or with the variety of Lucas Oil), and since most people stay overnight, hotels are overpriced (Allentown Quality Inn $70, East Rutherford Quality Inn $125). Also, since the last TOC show hosted by Cadets takes place at MetLife, would we be taking from the coffers of one of our own corps?

If DCI East did travel to New England for the year, Cawley Stadium in Lowell, MA was the home of the first DCI East and since 2013 is DCI East's 40th anniversary, perhaps it could make a return. Manning Field in Lynn, MA which replaced the old Manning Bowl is another option, but the setting sun now faces concert side which was a problem at Beanpot and Mission Drums. Harvard Stadium would be another good spot as would Boston College. A non-Massachusetts location that might be a good possibility is the University of Connecticut in Storrs.

Franklin Field, the site of DCI in 1975 and 76, may be a possibility.

Is Franklin Field still standing? I thought I heard it had been pulled down. If not, I would love to see a show there again. I marched there for DCA finals 1981 and thought it was a great stadium.

• Like 1

Is Franklin Field still standing? I thought I heard it had been pulled down. If not, I would love to see a show there again. I marched there for DCA finals 1981 and thought it was a great stadium.

It's been rebuilt and I believe it is still called Franklin Field, but it does not look like the old stadium.

It's been rebuilt and I believe it is still called Franklin Field, but it does not look like the old stadium.

Does the university need to update their website? It states the stadium was rebuilt...in 1922. :tongue:

I never knew that it is the oldest college stadium still operating for football.

Still standing as of this summer......Crown rehearsed there the day after the ToC show in MetLife......and yes it would be an outstanding replacement for Allentown just as it was a few years ago when ASD stadium was being remodeled!!!

Months ago DCI was made aware of the potential of new turf being installed at J. Birney Crum by facilities officials at the Allentown School District. They assured DCI that their annual event will be taken into consideration regarding the timing of the installation.

Boo to the rescue

• Like 2

Boo to the rescue

Once in awhile the people in the office will actually respond to me because I hadn't done anything to embarrass DCI for at least three days. :shutup:

Isn't there a local dome that DCI should be moving this regional too?

One of the great things about allentown is that it is outside.

• Like 2