Dear Dinosaurs

he lives in Indiana. nothing dry there,

Not even the humor ?

they have humor?

No. But David Letterman was born and raised there I heard. ( although some people thought Dan Quayle was a humorous Hoosier )

Edited by BRASSO

Quite true; especially those popular settings by Peter Sellers. He staged Mozart operas as set in Trump Tower, a diner and in the ghetto. More recently, he's staged operas by John Adams, such as "Nixon in China" and "Dr. Atomic."

I remember when the Chicago Lyric Opera first added English subtitles maybe 30 years ago. I think they might have been the first major opera company to do so. Many people were vividly upset at this, but now, subtitles are standard. (Ironically, the opera I most appreciated having English subtitles was "Mourning Becomes Electra," which was already in English.)

"Nixon In China" would be a fantastic good show for drum corps.

so to sum up this thread, the basic message is "dear people that spend a lot of money drum corps, shut up or go the #### away"

got it

• Like 3

so to sum up this thread, the basic message is "dear people that spend a lot of money drum corps, shut up or go the #### away"

got it

Or, looking at it another way, the message is :

Complaining about the Drum Corps activity : bad

Complaining about the fellow fans activity : good

• Like 2

got it

Part of that exclusive rather than inclusive vibe that drives people away. Remember, you are a drum corps expert if you went to a Holiday Inn Express or have "friends" that you talk to in top 12 corps. :thumbup:

1998-07-24.gif

Somethings definately fishy about this thread now, Michael.

Edited by BRASSO