Dear Dinosaurs

You'd agree, wouldn't you, that Drum Corps has undergone more transformative changes in the last 40 years in its instrumentation and fundamentals of the construct ultilized in performance than has Opera in the last 400 years. You'd accept this overall assessment, no ?

I agree with you, I'm not sure why others are making an issue of your valid comment here.

They just think they are, and it shows.

For corps that choose to participate in DCI...they are what defines drum corps. Why? Because DCI at its center is the corps that choose to participate in DCI. Those corps have agreed to a set of defining rules for their organization. What a different organization chooses to do is 100% relevant to that organization and its corps....and 100% irrelevant to DCI and its member corps. Why would anyone expect otherwise?

• Like 1

For corps that choose to participate in DCI...they are what defines drum corps. Why? Because DCI at its center is the corps that choose to participate in DCI. Those corps have agreed to a set of defining rules for their organization. What a different organization chooses to do is 100% relevant to that organization and its corps....and 100% irrelevant to DCI and its member corps. Why would anyone expect otherwise?

Actually, you didn't read the whole context of that statement Mike. You are quoting him out of context.

I quoted his entire post, which itself was an answer to your...

How is that out of context?

Because DCI s NOT drum corps. DCI is an organization that runs a drum corps circuit (within its rules) but it's not Drum Corps.

Because DCI s NOT drum corps. DCI is an organization that runs a drum corps circuit (within its rules) but it's not Drum Corps.

Sure it is. For all practical purposes, for corps that participate in DCI...DCI is drum corps to those corps and members. Is it literally drum corps? No, but for any sense that matters, it is...to those corps.

I agree with you, I'm not sure why others are making an issue of your valid comment here.

I don't know. You and me see blue, but they get mad with that and they see red.

( opps, its that another silly play on words or what ? I'm becoming DCP Dadarized, gotta go to bed now, before I can't tell the difference in changes between Opera and Oprah )

The same thing they felt when plastic helmets, facemasks and instant replay entered the game.

HH

yet with those advances, for "health reasons" we see more injuries than ever, and long lasting effects

Sure it is. For all practical purposes, for corps that participate in DCI...DCI is drum corps to those corps and members. Is it literally drum corps? No, but for any sense that matters, it is...to those corps.

You are of course entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. DCI is not a drum corps it's a drum corps circuit. Of course it matters to be accurate and make people understand the differences. Are you actually in education? You are kidding right?