2012 DCA World Championships Prelims

I still remember singing "You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine" in 06... I was soaked and water logged... LOL!

I agree; it isn't fair to the corps or the fans at this point.

Let the last 3 go on in the same order as they would have tonight...

That's the only truly fair solution if they can't get them in tonight.

Let me remind everyone that a noise ordinance is not exactly a capitol crime.

Actually its a possible $500 fine and a misdemeanor in Annapolis Maryland

http://www.aacounty.org/News/Archive2007/NoiseLevels.cfm

I feel certain any misdemeanor citations that may or may not be given out would be terminated long before the court date or on the court date.

It would be the year of one-and-done. The slate is suppose to be wiped clean between prelims and finals, isn't it?

OK. Makes as much sense as almost anything else ;-) !

Well...all this talk of rain brings up he year I was with Sun Devils, when the skies opened up during our performance at DCI Orlando in 2009. We had to leave everything out on the field and ducked under the stands because there actually had been some tornado warnings, in addition to the rain and lightning. The delay lasted a long time, and no one competed the rest of the evening, but did a standstill exhibition, for safety reasons, as the field was a swamp by that time. Every Sun Devil will remember Baba Yetu in their minds forever.

There is still lightning. And to add to the previous list. The last three corps are soaked and sitting on busses! Oh. And add thunder to the lightning. Ernesto brought cold cold rain. But no lightning.

Thnks...true no lightning...with Ernesto.

Ernesto...still reigns (or is it 'rains'...sorry..lol) as the 'worst' dca weather ever !!! Actually surprised they didn't call that one. Members of corps were completely soaked...head to toe....with the wind..the chance of hypothermia was very high....much more likely than lightening striking someone....

I was in Cab's in 93....had both prelims and finals on Sunday due to rain on Saturday.....no one wants to do that...believe me. The longest drum corps day Ever !! :w00t:

Here's a good point: The remaining corps are soaking wet in full uniform and haven't eaten in HOURS. Even if they do get to perform tonight, it may be more trouble than it's worth. I also don't know how many fans are left in the stadium at this point.

This is a VERY important point. It would have to affect their performances......

If they suspend tonight's Prelims and use the seedings for the finals, they should not announce anymore scores - what if Cadets2 beat the Hurcs, and they don't honor those scores;

They will honor the scores tonight. There is precedence for that. All shows that have been rained out this season the corps that got scores got to keep them and they applied towards the rankings.