How many years

pub crawl....I dont like this at all, we work too hard to be judged in a pub.

• Like 1

"

Edited by wishbonecav

I can honestly tell you that I doubt the "pub crawl" idea and the idea of using the Naval Academy facilities can co-exist.

From one Navy civilian to another... best laugh I had in a while..... After seeing the changes since I started in 1980 I wouldn't even say "doubt", more like "no way"...

Getting around City Dock is fairly easy for handicap. If the pub crawl idea flies, you're looking at about a four block distance from one end (the stage area) to the other, all fairly flat.

Thanks for the info, didn't get much of a look at olde towne Annapolis Friday as we hit when school left out. Was more concerned about not running over kids, parents, crossing guards than getting a good look around.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Annapolis was SO much better than Paetec/Rochester Rhino/Shady Car Sales/Oscar Meyer Stadium. I enjoyed my experience there greatly!

• Like 3

""

Edited by wishbonecav

""

Edited by wishbonecav
  • Like 1

We can all rip on Rochester all we like. It's so lame. It's not enough just to say "DCA in Annapolis was great, thank you for all your efforts at creating a great experience for so many, I am personally humbled by it"....we have to sprinkle it with a couple digs at our Rochester friends.

So you are in the loop: Rochester, the city, and Rochester, the GRVB, showed up to save the day for DCA for 2 additional years when no one else would or even bothered to try. They (people and the city) were a lifeboat for DCA in difficult economic times and deserve nothing but a thank you; for their enthusiasm, their hospitality, their hard work, and their can-do attitude. Rochester said, out loud, "DCA is a big deal" and made sure there were facilities, practice sites, hotel space and event space for 30 corps, various events and all the fans. That invloved a lot of negotiation, scheduling, shuffling and cooperation to accomplish...for 5,000 people to enjoy.

That your last sentence started with "I" and there was no "thank you" offered to anyone means what? That its all about you?

Negativity and criticism can be really irresponsible if you forget that plenty of PEOPLE were pulling an oar to have a championship event for YOU. When you pop off to drop an insult...and face it, it was meant to be insulting with the "SO much more" and the "shady car sales/oscar meyer" comment, that just sucks. Why would you do that except to hurt feelings or laugh at someone else's expense.

If its such a dump, then you have no business being there because its beneath you to be at Shady Car Sales Stadium. Your 2006 hornline should have been performing anywhere but Oscar Meyer Field.

How 'bout this: given your remarks FROM THE INSIDE, it could easily be interpreted by an OUTSIDER that "Maybe this guy and his drum corps arent as big a deal as they think they are, and neither is DCA, if the best they could come up with was "Shady Car Sales/Oscar Meyer Stadium" for their Championships while DCI performs at the Georgia Dome, Meadowlands, AlamoDome and Lucas Oil Stadium."

See what I mean. HOW ABOUT SAYING SOMETHING POSITIVE WHENEVER YOU CAN!?!

Of course, none of this matters when its all about you. And dont TRY to tell me you didnt have a blast in 2006. That was the whole point of a lot of people's effort. People you didnt see (or thank)...but that prepared over many hours for YOU to have that experience with Bush.

REALLY get ticked off when I know that SO MANY PEOPLE did SO MUCH, and rip-on-Rochester is the best they get back.

Next time its in Rochester, and it probably will be, follow your comments out the door and take a pass. Maybe they dont want your attitude of gratitude there as badly as you prefer not to be there.

Gimme, gimme, gimme. I am so tired of that.

I may be reading between the lines of KyleB post but.....

I think what he is trying to convey is that the Stadium in Rochester was less than ideal. It was a in a horrible neighborhood and the sound was horrible if you were anywhere outside the 40's.

Rochester is and was a great city to have a Venue. DCA and the City did a lot to make us feel at home there. After dealing with the nazi death squad brown shirts in Scranton... Rochester allowed DCA to flourish and party like rock stars. In Rochester they did not care if you came in and out of the gate 100 times. In Scranton you had to purchase a new ticket if you exited. In Rochester you could have open containers up and down the street. Forgetta bout it in Scranton.

Rochester was and is a great host city but they need to find a real stadium if they expect to compete with Annapolis which seems to have most everything going for it.

Edited by camel lips
  • Like 5