2012 DCA World Championships Finals

With deep regret and sadness I'm forced to admit that Hoppy made a liar out of me. I never thought that Cadets2 would finish as high as they did. Hell, I didn't even think that they would make finals. So much for my Drum Corps intelligence. The Bucs? What can I say other than they're the best this year. It isn't very difficult to imagine how much hard work and dedication that they all put into it. What was it that Mel Brooks once said...oh yeah..."It's good to be the King". Congrats to all of the Corps this year. You really threw it down! :thumbup:

With deep regret and sadness I'm forced to admit that Hoppy made a liar out of me. I never thought that Cadets2 would finish as high as they did. Hell, I didn't even think that they would make finals. So much for my Drum Corps intelligence.

There are a whole heck of a lot of DCP posters that should be making this same mea culpa today. Somehow I doubt many will be as classy as Piper.

Great stuff! Great DCA.

BUT - No A Class corps earned a vote! Yikes!

DCA just fielded the strongest Open Class top ten in it's history, so this really shouldn't be a surprise. The corps in 8-9-10 this year would easily have been 4-5-6 only a few years ago.

Great stuff! Great DCA.

BUT - No A Class corps earned a vote! Yikes!

Read your rule book, 2 A corps did earn votes.

Next on the field are the Govenaires from St. Peter, Minnesota. Their 2012 program is entitled "Hot"

Fever by Davenport, John; Cooley, Eddie

Too Darn Hot by Porter, Cole

Ring of Fire by Cash, Johnny

Fire by Meehan, John

Light My Fire by Morrison, Jim

Hot Stuff

Hot Lunch Jam by Colesberry, Robert

Hot Stuff by Summer, Donna

Disco Inferno by Green, Leroy; Kersey, Ron

Gotta make one correction, though I'm sure the Govies meant no disrespect. The bulk of "Light My Fire" was written by Robby Krieger, though all of The Doors contributed to the final product. Jim did write the second verse, but there's a reason all songs on all Doors albums were credited to The Doors.

Yes. Bucs beat their own record score from 2009 (99.025).

"Speaking of a "Record":

The Connecticut Hurricanes must be happy. The last time they finished ahead of Empire Statesmen at DCA Finals was......

Elphaba

With deep regret and sadness I'm forced to admit that Hoppy made a liar out of me. I never thought that Cadets2 would finish as high as they did. Hell, I didn't even think that they would make finals. So much for my Drum Corps intelligence. The Bucs? What can I say other than they're the best this year. It isn't very difficult to imagine how much hard work and dedication that they all put into it. What was it that Mel Brooks once said...oh yeah..."It's good to be the King". Congrats to all of the Corps this year. You really threw it down! :thumbup:

Actually I had C2 as a "no brainer top 5" on these boards back in June based on a 3 minute video of a practice! I must be a freakin' Drum Corps genius...lol! And not only were the Bucs the best this year, I think they were the finest senior corps ever. This was undeniably the strongest field ever and Bucs positively schooled them! Congrats go out to all!

Edited by VOReason
  • Like 1

Actually I had C2 as a "no brainer top 5" on these boards back in June based on a 3 minute video of a practice! I must be a freakin' Drum Corps genius...lol! And not only were the Bucs the best this year, I think they were the finest senior corps ever. This was undeniably the strongest field ever and Bucs positively schooled them! Congrats go out to all!

be care ful with the video stuff. your getting into ed's territory now. tongue.gif

• Like 1