2012 DCA World Championships Finals

Read your rule book, 2 A corps did earn votes.

Jay, isn't it just Carolina Gold? They had the 11th-highest score at Prelims, so they would move into Kidsgrove's top 10 voting slot.

Jay, isn't it just Carolina Gold? They had the 11th-highest score at Prelims, so they would move into Kidsgrove's top 10 voting slot.

If memory serves me right, Kidsgrove is NOT a North American corps, Hence the "Internation Champion" and cannot be a voting member. The Renegades did not perform in the required amount of regular season DCA santioned shows this summer, therefore not earning a spot as a voting member.Gold and Govies are the next in line for those 2 spots as voting members of DCA. The top ten scores from prelims constitutes the 10 voting members if all requirements have been met. the Bushwackers missed being a voting member by .03 :(

Someone feel free to correct me if im wrong, But im sure this is right.

Jay

With deep regret and sadness I'm forced to admit that Hoppy made a liar out of me. I never thought that Cadets2 would finish as high as they did. Hell, I didn't even think that they would make finals.

I've heard of having to "pay the piper"......... but this is the first time I've heard that the PIPER had to pay !

Joe Dz

Read your rule book, 2 A corps did earn votes.

My interpretation is DCA By-Laws are pretty clear, – The North American all age corps that achieve the 10 highest scores at the DCA championship preliminary contest, regardless of class, shall be Full Members, providing they have competed in at least one (1) DCA sanctioned contest, excluding championship preliminaries and finals.

This year, that is the top 10 Open Class Finalists as Fusion had an 84.88 in Prelims for 10th highest score and Gold was 11th with a 81.10. However, Kidsgrove is not a 'North American All Age Corps', putting Gold in as a voting member. And I don't believe Renegades competed in a DCA sanctioned show prior to Prelims/Finals which moves Govies up as well. So yes, My interpretation is 2 Class A corps will have Full Member voting rights.

From 2011-12 Rule book:

ARTICLE VII

Membership shall consist of full members and associate members.

Commencing for the 2009 season: Full Members – The North American all age corps

that achieve the 10 highest scores at the DCA championship preliminary contest,

regardless of class, shall be Full Members, providing they have competed in at least one

(1) DCA sanctioned contest, excluding championship preliminaries and finals. These ten

(10) corps will constitute the full (voting) membership for the ensuing year. If there is a

tie for the tenth highest score at the preliminary contest, all corps tied for that score shall

be full voting members.

Associate Members - The North American all-age corps at the DCA championship

preliminary contest that do not qualify as Full Members, but have otherwise met the

criteria for DCA membership.

==

* 01. 98.50 - Buccaneers

* 02. 95.80 - Minnesota Brass

* 03. 94.83 - Caballeros

* 04. 93.55 - Hurricanes

* 05. 91.60 - Cadets2

* 06. 90.75 - Empire Statesmen

07. 89.75 - Kidsgrove Scouts *Non North American Corps

* 08. 87.03 - Atlanta CV

09. 86.25 - Renegades ** No pre finals sanctioned show

* 10. 84.88 - Fusion Core

* 11. 81.10 - Carolina Gold

* 12. 80.23 - Govenaires

13. 80.20 - Bushwackers

14. 79.53 - Kilties

15. 78.63 - Windsor Regiment

16. 76.25 - White Sabers

17. 75.05 - Sunrisers

18. 71.68 - Cincinnati Tradition

19. 71.28 - Shenandoah Sound

20. 65.53 - Excelsior

* Full Members

Edited by anokaflash

My interpretation is DCA By-Laws are pretty clear, – The North American all age corps that achieve the 10 highest scores at the DCA championship preliminary contest, regardless of class, shall be Full Members, providing they have competed in at least one (1) DCA sanctioned contest, excluding championship preliminaries and finals.

This year, that is the top 10 Open Class Finalists as Fusion had an 84.88 in Prelims for 10th highest score and Gold was 11th with a 81.10. However, Kidsgrove is not a 'North American All Age Corps', putting Gold in as a voting member. And I don't believe Renegades competed in a DCA sanctioned show prior to Prelims/Finals which moves Govies up as well. So yes, My interpretation is 2 Class A corps will have Full Member voting rights.

From 2011-12 Rule book:

ARTICLE VII

Membership shall consist of full members and associate members.

Commencing for the 2009 season: Full Members – The North American all age corps

that achieve the 10 highest scores at the DCA championship preliminary contest,

regardless of class, shall be Full Members, providing they have competed in at least one

(1) DCA sanctioned contest, excluding championship preliminaries and finals. These ten

(10) corps will constitute the full (voting) membership for the ensuing year. If there is a

tie for the tenth highest score at the preliminary contest, all corps tied for that score shall

be full voting members.

Associate Members - The North American all-age corps at the DCA championship

preliminary contest that do not qualify as Full Members, but have otherwise met the

criteria for DCA membership.

==

* 01. 98.50 - Buccaneers

* 02. 95.80 - Minnesota Brass

* 03. 94.83 - Caballeros

* 04. 93.55 - Hurricanes

* 05. 91.60 - Cadets2

* 06. 90.75 - Empire Statesmen

07. 89.75 - Kidsgrove Scouts *Non North American Corps

* 08. 87.03 - Atlanta CV

09. 86.25 - Renegades ** No pre finals sanctioned show

* 10. 84.88 - Fusion Core

* 11. 81.10 - Carolina Gold

* 12. 80.23 - Govenaires

13. 80.20 - Bushwackers

14. 79.53 - Kilties

15. 78.63 - Windsor Regiment

16. 76.25 - White Sabers

17. 75.05 - Sunrisers

18. 71.68 - Cincinnati Tradition

19. 71.28 - Shenandoah Sound

20. 65.53 - Excelsior

* Full Members

Thanks Kurt, I knew I had it right! Before everybody starts screaming, When this rule went into the books, The Renegades were full voting members and the vote was passed 10/0 for.

Thanks Kurt, I knew I had it right! Before everybody starts screaming, When this rule went into the books, The Renegades were full voting members and the vote was passed 10/0 for.

And If I I remember right.. along with this vote Renegades were told the consequences should it pass.. and they , Chris Nalls I believe, had no problems with this as they felt those that were participants week in and weekout, had better knowledge regarding what is best for the continued success for the Circuit....

And If I I remember right.. along with this vote Renegades were told the consequences should it pass.. and they , Chris Nalls I believe, had no problems with this as they felt those that were participants week in and weekout, had better knowledge regarding what is best for the continued success for the Circuit....

yup

yup

It's still a stupid rule, regardless of who voted for it. I've never really been a fan of restricting voting rights based on score. If you make the effort to get to shows including championships, why isn't that good enough?

This isn't a Renegades issue either. Why not at simply include all finalists, in both classes?

I suppose in the grand scale of things, this is a minor quibble. But it just seems like common sense...

Edited by Kamarag

Crazy year for DCA when you think about it. Gonna have some catching up to do over the next few days.

A few shout outs:

Bucs...great show, great score!

Cabs...welcome back to the top 3!

Cadets2... great first year out! Well done!

Scouts...THANK YOU!

TBT... Wish you coulda made it!