Troopers 2013

From Sunday's show in Bowling Green

9149049572_c951e163cf_c.jpg

WOW!!! What a great shot!

• Like 1

When was the last time that Troopers beat Blue Stars, Crossmen, and the Colts in the SAME show! This corps is finally beginning its rise!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 6

I have been a Trooper fan since way back (1978 is way back for me!) and I’ve gotta say I was seriously impressed and proud of their show and performance in Evansville. I easily had them scored above the other 3 and was a little worried they would give Spirit (my biased favorite :biggrin: ) a run for their money.

• Like 2

When was the last time that Troopers beat Blue Stars, Crossmen, and the Colts in the SAME show! This corps is finally beginning its rise!!! :thumbup:/>/> :thumbup:/>/> :thumbup:/>/> :thumbup:/>/> :thumbup:/>/> :thumbup:/>/> :thumbup:/>/> :thumbup:/>/> :thumbup:/>/> :thumbup:/>/> :thumbup:/>/>

This is fantastic to see the Troopers moving up like this. The Corps went back to their roots, found their identity again, secured a theme that is a good match for them, and its working for them. I couldn't be happier for them. And I'll never forget the letter that the Troopers wrote in the offseason that reminded one and all what the Mission Statement of Drum Corps International has been since Day One of DCI when the Troopers joined the other Charter Member Corps in its adoption of its Mission Statement Core Beliefs and the Founding of DCI itself. This is wonderful to see Corps like this doing well now, imo. Its good for the Troopers. Its good for DCI. Its good for the Drum Corps activity, and its good for the fans. :thumbup:

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 9

I know it's not realistic to cross show scores at all, but for what it's worth, Boston got a 68.8 at their show, while Troop got a 68.625 at theirs. Now wouldn't THAT be a cool matchup.

Edited by acolli17

I know it's not credible to cross show scores at all, but for what it's worth, Boston got a 68.8 at their show, while Troop got a 68.625 at theirs. Now wouldn't THAT be a cool matchup.

Yes. Competition is good.

You are also correct that we run into trouble matching up scores on the same nite, because if we took these same 2 shows, different panels, different corps, we show the Madison Scouts with a 75.00 last nite and right behind them Phantom Regiment with a 74.90, followed by the Bluecoats with a 73.20, almost 2 points in back of the Scouts. Now, if the head to head match ups down the road are like this, then shiver me timbers, mate ( haha!). But I'd caution not to compare scores at different shows. It sometimes works out in the future head to head match ups, but most of the time it does not.

Edited by BRASSO

Yes. Competition is good.

You are also correct that we run into trouble matching up scores on the same nite, because if we took these same 2 shows, different panels, different corps, we show the Madison Scouts with a 75.00 last nite and right behind them Phantom Regiment with a 74.90, followed by the Bluecoats with a 73.20. Now, if the head to head match ups down the road are like this, then shiver me timbers, mate ( haha!). But I'd caution not to compare scores at different shows. It sometimes works out in the future head to head match ups, but most of the time it does not.

I know, that's why I said it's not realistic, but that it'd be a cool matchup.

• Like 1