Troopers 2013

Hate to be picky....looks like a flag violation - American flag behind guard silks.

Perhaps since it is not a current version of the A flag... I dunno the specifics.

Edited by c mor
  • Like 1

Hate to be picky....looks like a flag violation - American flag behind guard silks.

Perhaps since it is not a current version of the A flag... I dunno the specifics.

From looknig at the pics, it is not a true American flag, hence, no flag violation.

From looknig at the pics, it is not a true American flag, hence, no flag violation.

And from the looks of a pic from last nights show they posted on their FB page, compared to these pics, they have pulled the flag. I guess some have said something? Too bad. It was a representation of what appeared to be 11 bars and a gold set of crossed sabers on the blue.

And from the looks of a pic from last nights show they posted on their FB page, compared to these pics, they have pulled the flag. I guess some have said something? Too bad. It was a representation of what appeared to be 11 bars and a gold set of crossed sabers on the blue.

I showed my mom (an old Des Plaines Vanguard chick) the pics of the SUNBURST, and she commented that some may be concerned because they actually lay the flag on the ground at some point, which may have given some military vets cause for concern.

It's a shame, cause I tend to think it was not an authentic, accurate American flag in the first place, by design.

Just my .02.

I showed my mom (an old Des Plaines Vanguard chick) the pics of the SUNBURST, and she commented that some may be concerned because they actually lay the flag on the ground at some point, which may have given some military vets cause for concern.

It's a shame, cause I tend to think it was not an authentic, accurate American flag in the first place, by design.

Just my .02.

I suppose that is the quandary. It's not a true flag, but what it represents is what might bother some. I believe you are correct that it is not an authentic flag, by design. I went back and watched the show again and there are two of these flags and both are grounded, like any other show silk. In the opener and the closer both are spun with the other show silks. I would imagine that Mr VanDoren and crew considered this, but something has changed, it appears. I would also imagine that this same group of people are just looking at another way to accomplish the same thing without offending.

Just my .02.

Rest assured, I only meant my post as an observation - in that, since so much time has passed since formal color presentations, I would hate for Troop to incur any penalty, especially for not properly handling the American Flag. That is incongruous by definition for all dinos.

I suggest either: Make it even more obvious it is not an actual A flag. Or, if you're going to go to the effort to perform the sunburst, would it not thrill the fans to have a throw-back properly done color presentation? I would certainly enjoy it...if you're taking requests....

:rolleyes:/>

I suppose that is the quandary. It's not a true flag, but what it represents is what might bother some. I believe you are correct that it is not an authentic flag, by design. I went back and watched the show again and there are two of these flags and both are grounded, like any other show silk. In the opener and the closer both are spun with the other show silks. I would imagine that Mr VanDoren and crew considered this, but something has changed, it appears. I would also imagine that this same group of people are just looking at another way to accomplish the same thing without offending.

Yeah, but it's sad, because part of what really hit me in the chest about seeing that maneuver again, LIVE, was the American flag itself. Battle Hymn of the Republic, and all.

I truly loathe political correctness... :sad:

Rest assured, I only meant my post as an observation - in that, since so much time has passed since formal color presentations, I would hate for Troop to incur any penalty, especially for not properly handling the American Flag. That is incongruous by definition for all dinos.

I suggest either: Make it even more obvious it is not an actual A flag. Or, if you're going to go to the effort to perform the sunburst, would it not thrill the fans to have a throw-back properly done color presentation? I would certainly enjoy it...if you're taking requests....

:rolleyes:/>/>

From your lips to Mr. Jones' ears, to God's inbox, YES!!!! :worthy:

Yeah, but it's sad, because part of what really hit me in the chest about seeing that maneuver again, LIVE, was the American flag itself. Battle Hymn of the Republic, and all.

I truly loathe political correctness... :sad:/>

Indeed.

Political correctness is nothing more than living with the delusion that you can pick up a turd by the clean end.

• Like 2

:rolleyes:/>/>

Is it weird to reply to one's own post? I keep recalling past Trooper performances...I can't get it out of my head. I get goose bumps thinking of it.

Join me in encouraging Troopers to perform a full-on color presentation.

• Like 2