Troopers 2013

... playing trombone with KC and The Sunshine Band. ...

This was the kicker that sealed the deal, I'll bet.

But Casey was all like "you're doing WHAT this summer?"

250045_10150217269359312_301601209311_7026900_3708628_n.jpg

Edited by troopers1
  • Like 2

Maybe Noah can pull some strings and KC and his band can play the preshow at finals: SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE! Shake your booty!

Play That Funky Music, White Boy!

Caution! Do not let yourself get sucked in by KC's smooth groove and watch more than about 30 seconds of this video.

P.S. When you watch this it's possible you are watching the future of drum corps, from guard work, to brass, to lights and electronics!

Edited by Granny Smith

Hmmmm. Well, considering that 90% of the brass & (unofficially announced) visual staff marched Crown in 2008, I guess you could say the staff will definitely "click". My question is- Will this pay off to be as successful as they think it will be come August? Or will it come back & bite them in the butt? I suppose only time will tell. Best of luck Troopers!

Edited by loopin' froot loops

Hmmmm. Well, considering that 90% of the brass & (unofficially announced) visual staff marched Crown in 2008, I guess you could say the staff will definitely "click". My question is- Will this pay off to be as successful as they think it will be come August? Or will it come back & bite them in the butt? I suppose only time will tell. Best of luck Troopers!

I don't think anyone should be surprised that a lot of staff would come from where the staff coordinator has been working in the past. You'd expect it anywhere.

Or is there some other basis for cynicism with these individuals? It's a pretty strong group.

Unless the members are incredibly talented, I believe it takes a new brass staff at least 1 year to really install a program. The memebers have to go through at least one entire season before with a brass staff before things can start to gel. I only hope there can be some staff stability at Troopers, which will lead to member stability and better success. These things don't happen overnight when it is as competitive as it is.

Unless the members are incredibly talented, I believe it takes a new brass staff at least 1 year to really install a program. The memebers have to go through at least one entire season before with a brass staff before things can start to gel. I only hope there can be some staff stability at Troopers, which will lead to member stability and better success. These things don't happen overnight when it is as competitive as it is.

We'll wait and see, but I have the expectation that there will be continued quality in the horn program - and hopefully things will take off from there. I'm also very happy to see a couple of familiar names from 2012. (Michael Terry and Andy Grindle)

I'm on pins and needles about the perc staff - hope to see a post about that very, VERY soon!

• Like 1