Troopers 2013

Wouldn't the caption head select the staff?

In any case, Rennick isn't going to involve himself in anything that isn't quality.

My expectation (assumptions based on title only) is that Mr. Rennick will likely select the caption head and advise on the rest.

I think a good way to look at this situation is from 2008 - 2010 with SCV. It was a similar situation with Brian Mason as the arranger for percussion but Murray Gusseck was the caption head and chose the staff that was with him all summer. Although Mason had a larger role with SCV during that time than I think Paul will have this year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about this as well (it's awesome news!) I just don't want people getting their hopes up that Paul will be with the Troopers during their rehearsals and on tour. I'm definitely not downing on this in any way and I think it'll be a good direction for the troopers.

Looks like Troop is making a good run at it. Now let hope they take a hard look at that uniform.

Edited by bearwy
  • Like 3

Actually saw someone suggest this on Twitter (believe it or not, there's a George Hopkins parody account :blink: ) but it got me thinking about the "look" that is the Troopers. I wonder if it might do, for a year maybe, to let the "Western" part drop a bit and play up the "Trooper" part? How about, for instance, a retro-WWII khaki look while playing something applicable? Stuff like that. Think '95 Bluecoats with the garrison caps. Anyways, food for thought.

Mike

• Like 1

I'm going to miss the old staff at Troop, I learned so much from them, and they are great educators. But this new staff is also something to be excited about. I'm very very interested to see the rest of the drum staff.

• Like 1

Interesting. With no fanfare (Granny, I am looking at you) Troopers add Rosie Queen to the color guard staff this morning.

That's big news - and great for their guard program!

Later,

Mike