The Bushwackers need your assistance

I blasted Regiment when they were looking at failing to pay creditors; so I am consistent in this matter.

Consistant is one word for it. It seems to me we have a drum corps in trouble here. We're all here on DCP because we like drum corps. It would seem the logical response would be to donate or shut up already.

• Like 5

And the problem with holding corps accountable in poor business practices is.....? This apparently is not a situation of what you called, "under any circumstances" such as a catastrophe from unknown acts of nature in which insurance will not cover (which I stated from the onset if that were I would be more than happy to help out); but this is apparently once again shear mismanagement, just like the thousands of other mismanaged corps, in which this corps should be held accountable. I am tired of the people in the world of drum corps having these issues because they are ran by "Love, oh sweet Love' and not by financial accountability standards.

My final word on the subject.... Since we are not on the BoD of the corps or the creditors we do not know what is really going on. All we can do is trust/not trust the side we are hearing from and make our plans accordingly. To throw out accusations of any kind, even with the "apparently" disclaimer is pointless if not damaging.

No idea on what is going on here but have had some extended family members run businesses. All of them have been bit in the butt at times in unbelievible ways. Including one currently being sued for back taxes for a business that was sold 40 years ago. (I'm next in line and was in Jr High when this went on.) That's why my BP goes up when I see the finger pointing/blame game going on in any way by people not involved in the business transactions.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

It would seem the logical response would be to donate or shut up already.

If someone making min wage runs up tens of thousands of dollars in credit card debt because they were not thinking about the accountability of payments but only engaging in the 'love' of drum corps, is it really logical to donate money to that person to get them out of debt? Really?

• Like 7

If someone making min wage runs up tens of thousands of dollars in credit card debt because they were not thinking about the accountability of payments but only engaging in the 'love' of drum corps, is it really logical to donate money to that person to get them out of debt? Really?

Brandishing logic in this post. Yet your entire reply is a non sequitur to the quote. Oh, sweet irony.

• Like 3

Brandishing logic in this post. Yet your entire reply is a non sequitur to the quote. Oh, sweet irony.

It is not a non sequitur, it is DADA from Cabaret Voltaire. See, I can come up with a catchy phrase of explanation just like you :tongue:

Edited by Stu

Change the words trust/not trust over to evaluate/not evaluate and I will agree with your statement.

I haven't seen any hard info in this thread to be able to evaluate anything one way or the other.

Yes other corps have done stupid/wrong things with money management but I still don't see how others sins makes a corps "mismanaged" when something hits the fan. Then again I've seen it first hand....

To me, this is the single-most important sentence in the entire thread (emphasis mine)...

A creditor has filed a lawsuit and received a judgment against the corps

Sounds to me like the creditor is following due process and the Bushwackers have already been LEGALLY found in the wrong. Not good. Sure sounds like something was mismanaged. :huh2:

• Like 8

< A creditor has filed a lawsuit and received a judgment against the corps >

To me, this is the single-most important sentence in the entire thread (emphasis mine)...

Sounds to me like the creditor is following due process and the Bushwackers have already been LEGALLY found in the wrong. Not good. Sure sounds like something was mismanaged. :huh2:

Shazam; due process; what a concept!

• Like 1

And the problem with holding corps accountable in poor business practices is.....? This apparently is not a situation of what you called, "under any circumstances" such as a catastrophe from unknown acts of nature in which insurance will not cover (which I stated from the onset if that was the case I would be more than happy to help out); but this is apparently once again shear mismanagement, just like the thousands of other mismanaged corps, in which this corps should be held accountable. I am tired of the people in the world of drum corps having these issues because they are ran by "Love, oh sweet Love" and not by financial accountability standards.

I don't fault current admin. i fault previous admin and a creditor not willing to work with them. Plus to be honest, there is some personal issues involved with the creditor if the many stories are true.

• Like 4