Oregon Crusaders to World Class

well, if OC is now WC, it means the classes aren't merging, at leastfor now.

I guessit depends on how 7 decide to do things down the road, be it for profit or non profit

• Like 2

OC has been on the rise for the last 4 years. Having 2 WC corps in the NW should not really impact the current corps. OC had over 130 members last year. Consistant management the last 3-4 years as well.

Comments about distances really do not impact the region. Cavaliers, Phantom and Madison are all within 2 hours of each other. OC and Cascades are 3 hours apart. Last year, we were all recruiting at the same shows throughout the NW. No changes are in store. Considering no corps can have over 150, there is plenty of talent to go around.

All in all, OC moving up to WC class will only strength the NW as there will most likely be a new open class corps forming in the NW eventually if last years 2 starts dont materialize. (Of course they should be local only corps, but time will tell). I beleive there is room for 2 NW WC corps and a few more OC as well. Thunder is improving as well over the previous year.

Go NW drum corps!

• Like 3

well, if OC is now WC, it means the classes aren't merging, at leastfor now.

I guessit depends on how 7 decide to do things down the road, be it for profit or non profit

Since this meeting has already occurred, there must be some poeple with knowledge of the outcome and the direction. Or is it the elephant in the room thing?

Since this meeting has already occurred, there must be some poeple with knowledge of the outcome and the direction. Or is it the elephant in the room thing?

or there is knowledge to be had

:ph34r:

Someone needs to spill some beans soon. Things have been quiet since the mtgs except for the OC news...

Someone needs to spill some beans soon. Things have been quiet since the mtgs except for the OC news...

I hinted at enough

Or people are actually keeping a lid on things, instead of spilling everything to DCP. I'm sure info will come from DCI when the time comes, but it will probably come from there before it lands on here.

And yes, I know what's going on, but out of respect for those involved, I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Or people are actually keeping a lid on things, instead of spilling everything to DCP. I'm sure info will come from DCI when the time comes, but it will probably come from there before it lands on here.

And yes, I know what's going on, but out of respect for those involved, I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Interesting circular logic. I thought it was common knowledge that the "common fan" doesn't pay attention to the loons on DCP. So why the concern about transparency?

Respecting priviledged information is admirable.

EDIT: To correct spelling so Boo doesn't descend ready to slap my wrist with his ruler.

Edited by garfield

"All in all, OC moving up to WC class will only strength the NW as there will most likely be a new open class corps forming in the NW eventually if last years 2 starts dont materialize. (Of course they should be local only corps, but time will tell). I beleive there is room for 2 NW WC corps and a few more OC as well. Thunder is improving as well over the previous year.

Go NW drum corps!"

I would love to see Thunder start competing outside of regional... but they only go on that first regional tour. They have improved so much. I do feel a certain loyalty to all the NW corps as well. Go NW corps!

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1