DCA Annapolis Ticket Prices

2 Questions:

Was the championship weekend advertised on local TV? If not, why?

Does DCA get a percentage of the concessions at the stadium?

You will not get locals into the stadium to see our product unless you TELL THEM ABOUT IT!

I saw NOTHING about the event on the local stations in Annapolis. A live feed from the stadium on Friday evening during the mini's would have brought people in for prelims, and that may have filled out sales for finals.

CONCESSIONS IS WHERE YOU MAKE YOUR MONEY! A 20% return to DCA from the stadium concessions would certainly help the bottom line. In some instances the organizers may have to provide some help at the concessions, but there is adequate time to recruit volunteers. OR it may be possible to word the contract for the venue to allow for 2 or 3 outside venders that will pay the 20%.

YOU COULDNT RESIST!!!!! :tongue:

(did you read the rest or stop at your name??)

I read the rest. I commented on that which I wanted to

2 Questions:

You will not get locals into the stadium to see our product unless you TELL THEM ABOUT IT!

I saw NOTHING about the event on the local stations in Annapolis. A live feed from the stadium on Friday evening during the mini's would have brought people in for prelims, and that may have filled out sales for finals.

CONCESSIONS IS WHERE YOU MAKE YOUR MONEY! A 20% return to DCA from the stadium concessions would certainly help the bottom line. In some instances the organizers may have to provide some help at the concessions, but there is adequate time to recruit volunteers. OR it may be possible to word the contract for the venue to allow for 2 or 3 outside venders that will pay the 20%.

if not probably due to cost. Remember, DCA wekend is set up to get the corps as much money as possible, so for the first time in the market, they may have played it safe. TV likes to make money on commercials ya know

as for percentage of concessions, no clue. I'd imagine probably not since DCA is renting to use it, not renting it out to someone else. Usually thats how concessions deals work

To be honest, tv is probably not cost effective. Online advertisiing would be the best way

Vince got the Event on the Local TV news...not the 6 & 11 type news, but the loops-every-15-minutes news. The drum corps....the drum corps...the drum corps..... constant.

the DCA Parade was another attempt at getting the word out. It worked in ICA, too.

A Pre-Labor Day parade with the corps is still a cool idea. Every newspaper would carry the announcement and the un-attached mini's (Freelancers, Orlando) and Alumni Corps could certainly haul the mail. How about a 1 mile parade to the Friday night festivities?

(here come the tomatoes...Yikes!)

2 Questions:

Please look up the definition of "Rhetorical question"; its alphabetical before "sense of humor" and "submit a bid"; and after "nuanced communication". :blink:

You might want to also look for your picture under the words " " and " ". (inviting additional reader participation here)

Just having a little fun in our rapid fire repartee world. I'm good at parrying the p-a thing; i have plenty of practice with some of the other women in my life. :)

I read the rest. I commented on that which I wanted to

Edited by wishbonecav
  • Like 1

Good suggestions made so far. No matter what our ideas, it is essential DCA finds a formula next year that will take advantage of many more of those available seats. I believe they will.

Careful handling of comp tickets CAN pay dividends. We used to distribute them to newspaper assignment editors, certain reporters, radio program directors and DJs. For both radio and television, we made minimal commercial buys and bartered blocks of comp tickets for additional free spots. We encouraged them to run even more of the same spots as public service announcements. They are required by law to run so many minutes of PSAs, and were glad to have the content.

Again, DCA now has room to grow. Will it happen?

Can you find a seat at that table?

Good suggestions made so far. No matter what our ideas, it is essential DCA finds a formula next year that will take advantage of many more of those available seats. I believe they will.

Careful handling of comp tickets CAN pay dividends. We used to distribute them to newspaper assignment editors, certain reporters, radio program directors and DJs. For both radio and television, we made minimal commercial buys and bartered blocks of comp tickets for additional free spots. We encouraged them to run even more of the same spots as public service announcements. They are required by law to run so many minutes of PSAs, and were glad to have the content.

Again, DCA now has room to grow. Will it happen?

Not to shoot things down but can think of a few reasons why this might not be possible at Navy-Marine Memorial. Besides current contracts with who does concession and other stadium duties, any workers inside would probably have to go thru security checks.

I'm not sure about all alumni corps, but at least a few do not come in as a whole for Friday.

I'm not sure about all alumni corps, but at least a few do not come in as a whole for Friday.

You're correct Liz. Many alumni corps aren't anywhere near complete until Saturday night. A Friday night parade would merely be an additional (major) expense for the membership - possible day off from work, additional hotel night, a couple of extra meals, etc.