Renegades to Europe in 2013

Everybody is bummed, DCA as well. For me, it's weird, because I have been, and still am, friends with Gil, Glen and Red.

This was a chaotic series of consecutive bad decisions by a few people that impacted a lot of people in drum corps, and will for a long time.

Truth be told, there is a big part of me that thinks this is the greatest thing to ever happen to Renegades.

Not leaving DCA, of course, but this type of instant adversity and change either results in greatness or devastation. The momentum I have seen in the last few days towards getting behind the corps and pulling off a miracle is inspiring, and makes me tend to think this is going to result in something genius at the end of the day.

Personally, two weeks ago, drum corps was the furthest thing from my mind. Now, I find myself calling Renegades alumni and finance buddies to figure out how to go on the coolest Renegades adventure ever. We were all literally forced into this, but maybe that's the only way something like this would ever happen for the corps. It's chaotic and crazy, but what hasn't been that way for Renegades since Day 1? It's what the corps is.

Personally, I think this is all going to work out, and when and if the Renegades return to DCA, we'll come back with a full evil corps and guns blazing.

Lee

I'm going to agree after doing some digging and phone calls, there was some huge missteps taken all ways around.I can say some of those decision were based on past behavior...not just at hotels, but on here and elsewhere.

But it is what it is. Some of the accusations are way overblown. On many sides.

How do you get banned from DCA...?????

Donny Allen

Phoenix 1975=76

I asked that too LOL.

Or perhaps it's the rules and regulations of a particular venue/host city... a citywide noise ordinance preventing parking lot concerts, beer sales controlled by stadium officials, not DCA... that dictates decisions such as these.

But hey... why let the facts get in the way of a good rant?

now come on, next thing you know, you'll discuss how last years scores affect this years scores

:tongue:

Crunchy Frog was technically the first.

Oh my...I might have had something to do with that with my garden hose routine. Maybe that pushed things over the edge.

Ever since then, I've received postcards from DCA informing me their World Championships were being held in different cities than they actually were going to be in. To think I almost went to Cleveland this year.

• Like 1

How do you get banned from DCA...?????

Donny Allen

Phoenix 1975=76

My first thought was to wonder if the entire corps took a dump on the 50.

But it must have been more creative than that.

• Like 1

....wow, that's twice this week alone France has surrendered! Once when Merkel farted, and now!! It's usually only once a month! :blink:

Well considering what those #### Germans eat.... :shutup:

s/ Guy with German heritage (who likes saurkraut) married to an unsuspecting Welsh heritage lady.... :ph34r:

On topic - so it's a one year ban/suspension/time out now?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Well...knowing only what I've read on this thread...all I can say is I hope the Renegades do return to DCA in 2014...bigger and better than ever.

Here are my thoughts on the whole thing. These are only my personal thoughts so go blow it out your rear on the whole conspiracy theories notions.

I think Renegades are being made a example of.

Since DCA has gone to the whole "all age format" we have seen a swing from older beer drinking crowd to younger kinder gentler crowd.

If it has not been handed down directly from DCA management it sure has been hinted at or suggested that corps clean their act up because I have seen it with multiple corps I have been directly involved with.

Ive seen corps abbreviate and or exclude its drinking/party policy since the "all age" era has started. Many have excluded drinking all together when on corps time which includes when the corps weekends and road trips. Even if its during downtime in your own hotel room. Some corps have adopted curfew policies when on the road. Some corps have their adults as glorified baby sitters when on the road.

No parking lot blows anymore. Annapolis stopped serving beer at 8pm. Its clear that DCA is taking the position that DCA is for the kids and not for the adult party crowd anymore. Clearly banning the Renegades from DCA this year sends a clear message to the rest of the DCA corps that this sort of behavior will not be tolerated.

DCA and DCA corps have taking the position that they need to do whatever they can to perpetuate the life of DCA. Lowering the age limit has kept quite a few corps on the field. Which is more important, monitoring underage drinking or keeping the activity going?