Renegades to Europe in 2013

so you demand DCA apologize, and keep going up that hill. I'll gladly go on the record and state I fully support what DCA did, because if they hadn't, DCA would be ####ed. hard.

For the record I never demanded that DCA apologize. I was only using your reasoning and taking it to its logical( albeit absurd) conclusion.

-kg

Let's put it like this...I have heard enough of the same details from enough different parties to know that DCA absolutely did the right thing. If there had been more issues like this, you can bet your sweet ### the contract with Annapolis would have been yanked from year 2 ever happening.

and IMO.....the details at this stage should stay private. because in all honesty, it wouldn't help the Renegades image at all. Oh, it may add to the chaos and evil rep, but not a good one.

so you demand DCA apologize, and keep going up that hill. I'll gladly go on the record and state I fully support what DCA did, because if they hadn't, DCA would be ####ed. hard.

Jeff,

Yes, that was the nail, and you hit it square on the head.

Jerry

Edited by jware
  • Like 1

Or maybe it's because the northeast is DCA's power base and they don't like a bunch of kids from California playing in their sandbox.

Absolutely.

That's why two corps from Minnesota were DCA champions in 2011, why Minnesota Brass has been in DCA Finals every year since 1991, and why Minnesota's Govenaires are an annual contender for the Class A title and have won that title a few times.

That's why corps from Japan and England are welcomed with open arms by DCA whenever those corps make the trip for DCA championship weekend.

That's why corps from Texas, California, Georgia, North Carolina and Florida have made Class A and Open Class Finals in various years (with a few Class A championships among the Georgia and Carolina corps), and a corps from Florida (Heat Wave) made history, traveling north to compete in the first DCA Class A title show in 1997, and winning that Class A title twice.

Please. The "DCA is scared of corps outside the Northeast" mantra has gotten very, very old.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 5

heard it from another you been messin aroooooooooooooooound!

heheheh

I am begging you guys... please, no more postings of REO Speedwagon lyrics. :tongue:

• Like 2

Just a passing thought regarding "why don't the Renegades come early" or "come out to another DCA show" or "such and such a corps from somewhere else makes trips to get to other DCA shows". How about why doesn't a corps from the east coast or south or midwest make the trip to California to help DCA expand and grow out west? Having a few corps willing to travel to California so a full DCA show could be held, rather than a couple DCA corps at a DCi show, would show west coast drum corps fans that DCA is a viable drum corps circuit. Then DCA could grow and expand into another rich drum corps region. Would DCA growing be a bad thing?

Now, whenever I see something on DCP similar to what I just wrote, it is always met with "why would an east coast corps go out west?" "That travel is too far for one show", etc, etc. That does breed the thought that other regions care less about the west. Not saying it is true, but reading things like that give that appearance. I submit that until you attempt to take an all-age corps all the way across the country in this day and age, that you do not understand the logistics that have to be done to make the trip possible. Yes the renegades choose to do it, but why can't other corps? Also, is there actually a rule that states you must compete in a regular season show to enter championships weekend? I haven't heard that but does it exist? If not, then there is no rule being bent to allow the Renegades or SoCal Dream attend championships.

Just to be clear, so it is not thought that I am just another west coast corps member spewing sour grapes, I have no corps affiliation. I am merely a fan of DCA more so than DCi.

• Like 3

That's why two corps from Minnesota were DCA champions in 2011, why Minnesota Brass has been in DCA Finals every year since 1991, and why Minnesota's Govenaires are an annual contender for the Class A title and have won that title a few times.

Yep and for the record Boys of 76 from Racine were DCA top 10 in 1970 IIRC. MBI and Chicago Connection were consistent 11-13th place in the late 70s. And DCA tried a western swing weekend with a show in Canton, OH Sat night and Erie Sunday PM. Know ChiConn was at one of the shows at least and also Ohio Brass Fctory (Alliance, OH). Point was DCA was trying to open up a market west of PA 30+ years ago. And corps at those Hell drive weekends included Buccs and Westshore along with "closer" Crusaders and Thunderbirds.

And it was not a happy thing to bring up at the time that the southern border of DCA was NORTH of the Mason-Dixon line....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

How long is this topic going to be beaten to death. There are rules, they were broken, the group that broke the rule was punished, MOVE ON!!!!!!!!! :cool:

• Like 5

How long is this topic going to be beaten to death. There are rules, they were broken, the group that broke the rule was punished, MOVE ON!!!!!!!!! :cool:

But....but....sad.gif This is DCP, and it's early in the off-season...shutup.gif

• Like 4

1351480522[/url]' post='3225529']

But....but....sad.gif This is DCP, and it's early in the off-season...shutup.gif

Exactly.