DCA Championships Hotel Rule - Equally Enforced?

I think advantage Lee means is the 25-30K a corps is saving by not filling the rooms with the members,.............and then don't forget the same 25-30K that would be spent in addition to the overall bottom line already being realized by all of the alums/family/friends needing to stay somewhere...............30K is a lot of money to turn back to the members in the form of reduced fees,...........

here's the thing...

the corps do what the contract calls for. it's not always cheapr for the members, because in a few cases, they actually have to pay for food, gas, etc. Having been around it once, it's not exactly ideal or cheaper.

If you think there is a loophole, then lobby DCA to close the loophole.

Actually I might have fallen into the loophole since I didn't march this year but we stayed in a corps block of rooms.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Would someone please let the unwashed know which corps doesn't stay in a hotel?

Lee named them in the first post...

What are you talking about? This is the first post:

The rule is that every DCA corps must stay in a hotel for DCA Weekend. With every big event like this held in a city, the hotel packages are an important part of the deal -- that's why you don't see DCA corps sprawled out in gyms like DCI touring corps. And we're old. lol.

But here is my question --

How come one DCA corps, and only one DCA corps, has been exempt from the hotel rule for the last decade? Why is one corps allowed to stay in schools and "not" incur the expense of staying at a hotel during DCA Championships weekend? Okay, that's one corps you never have to worry about getting in trouble with a hotel, fair enough -- but how is this fair to the rest of DCA? Wouldn't it make sense to let other drum corps stay in schools? It's cheaper, especially for corps that travel great distances. Why does every DCA corps but one have to stay in hotels?

Just wondering, do the rules ever apply to every DCA corps equally?

There's no corps named there, and no one has named it in subsequent posts. Who is he talking about?

Edit: Oops!

OK, I see it's in the next post.

, when the one corps granted the exemption, Reading Buccaneers, has won all but one of the last 8 DCA Championships

Sorry. Mea culpa.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

I think the dues things for rooms doesn't too well, I believe that Brass's dues are still some of the lowest in the activity and we are in hotels.

well,...........white sabers can't get any lower,.......no dues at all,.........but they still stay in hotels, even in Rochester,..............the point is, with a corps the size of bucs,.........it is a 25 to 30 thousand dollar line item in the budget, no matter how it is funded,...........