Where are all the old abandoned corps buses located?

Edit: At the bottom of this post, I'll start a list of where these buses are and update it as people add to the finds.

Reading about Carolina Crown heading to California, I was reminded about the Crossmen bus that was left behind somewhere in or around the Rockies. (Someone sent me a message about going behind a building in the middle of nowhere to relieve themselves and looked up to see the Crossmen logo on the rusting hulk of their former bus.) There has also been a photo of a Velvet Knights bus in the Mojave Desert (seen below) on the Internet.

How many such buses are out there, perhaps sitting behind abandoned gas stations in the middle of a desert, somewhere in the crevice between mountains, girding the fruited plains?

Where are they, specifically? I can see some corps fans, making a trek for another reason, being eager to make a diversion to see such a corps bus for a photo op. If we knew exactly where, we could also grab screen shots off Google Earth, and perhaps even catch a glimpse from the street view.

What would really be cool would be to have a current corps stop at one or more of these, pull out their instruments, and film a tribute to our rusting brethren.

Let's compile a database here of abandoned corps buses and their present situations:

•Velvet Knights bus somewhere in the Mojave Desert. Where?

•Crossmen bus somewhere out west behind an old gas station. Where?

•Carolina Crown bus outside of Goderich, Ontario. Goderich is on Lake Huron, 78 miles up the lake from Sarnia. Pete Freedman found it with these instructions: It is visible on Google Maps street view. The location is: 35595-B Huron, Goderich, ON N7A 3X8, Canada. Then click north twice and look west.

•Guardsmen bus behind a gas station in western Pennsylvania. Where?

•Madison Scouts bus near Anchorage, Alaska. Where?

•Freelancers bus near Modesto, CA at the Jahant Rd exit off North Hwy 99.

•Spectrum bus off of Rt 38b between the Tioga and Broome County lines in Upstate New York.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 2

At least one Guardsmen school bus is behind a service station in western PA. Someone posted a picture in another forum not too long ago.

• Like 1

Edit: At the bottom of this post, I'll start a list of where these buses are and update it as people add to the finds.

Reading about Carolina Crown heading to California, I was reminded about the Crossmen bus that was left behind somewhere in or around the Rockies. (Someone sent me a message about going behind a building in the middle of nowhere to relieve themselves and looked up to see the Crossmen logo on the rusting hulk of their former bus.) There has also been a photo of a Velvet Knights bus in the Mojave Desert (seen below) on the Internet.

How many such buses are out there, perhaps sitting behind abandoned gas stations in the middle of a desert, somewhere in the crevice between mountains, girding the fruited plains?

Where are they, specifically? I can see some corps fans, making a trek for another reason, being eager to make a diversion to see such a corps bus for a photo op. If we knew exactly where, we could also grab screen shots off Google Earth, and perhaps even catch a glimpse from the street view.

What would really be cool would be to have a current corps stop at one or more of these, pull out their instruments, and film a tribute to our rusting brethren.

Let's compile a database here of abandoned corps buses and their present situations:

•Velvet Knights bus somewhere in the Mojave Desert. Where?

•Crossmen bus somewhere out west behind an old gas station. Where?

•Carolina Crown bus outside of Goderich, Ontario. Can anyone be more specific? Goderich is on Lake Huron, 78 miles up the lake from Sarnia.

velvet.jpg

I want to know where the valve-rotor bugles are. There has to be a bodacious stash of them somewhere...

Once the buses are found: AACA Museum - Hershey, PA

Right down the road from me and next door to my local Antique Automobile Club of America groups meeting place. Have some great old buses in the bottom floor....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Apparently Mr Boo wants to locate all the old corps buses because he just remembered he left something incriminating on one of them! :tongue:

• Like 1