DCP for Marching Band?

Not the right forum, but is there a DCP equivalent for marching bands? There was apparently one a while back run by the folks who did DCP but it's no longer active. Thanks in advance!

Not the right forum, but is there a DCP equivalent for marching bands? There was apparently one a while back run by the folks who did DCP but it's no longer active. Thanks in advance!

Correct. DCP at one time did run a site called marchingbandplanet.com. I visited it quite a few times but there didn't seem to be much action. I can't give a specific reason for that - only a wild guess. Maybe it was because so many band kids were interested in DCI that they tended to flock to DCP rather than MBP, but like I said, I don't know for sure.

There is a website www.midwestmarching.com While the site has been around for a while, they have recently added a forums section. There doesn't look like much activity there yet, but hopefully they can get more people active in discussions there. It is a great site, scores and lineups from quite a few states on there.

• Like 1

MarchingBandPlanet.com died a slow death ... and I finally pulled the plug on it over a year ago, rather than continuing to invest more time and money in keeping the site running. I just never really had the time to focus on both DCP and MBP ... so DCP 'won'. We still own and maintain the domain, which directs visitors here to DCP.

I suppose that only time will tell if that was a wise decision. rolleyes.gif

what was said above....i was pretty much visited during band season, and then more by adults than kids at least in the Forums I followed.

Bands of America: http://forums.bands.org

Illinois Marching Online: http://www.ilmarching.com

Indiana Marching: http://www.indianamarching.com

Yeah, MBP never really got the traffic DCP did, at least while I was tracking it. Marching band forums tend to be even more seasonal than DCI ones - they absolutely die in the winter/spring/early summer.

Mike

MBP was my very first social media I had ever signed up for, next being Myspace, both in 2006.

T_T I miss The Crazy Train thread...

good times.

Edited by Barifonium