Proposed Rule Change (2014)

Agree or disagree?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree or disagree?

I'm offended by this proposal and how detrimental the idea of it is to our activity.

• Like 2

Just keep that proposal from DCA, we've having too much fun....

"The Kitchen Sink"

"I Don't Need No Potatoes - Just Give Me Some Meat!"

"My Pet Rock Wore Platform Shoes"

"Get On The Bus"

"Music That's Fun to Play"

In the not quite so pure category

“Summer of Seduction”

"Goodbye Blue Skies: The Triumph of Evil"

And my fav

"Yes, We're Serious - And Don't Call Us Shirley!" Yes, Were're Serious… And Don't Call Us Shirley!"

I can’t believe that people are disagreeing with this proposal. I’m very surprised that there is not more support for good old American values. Perhaps the activity has become so far corrupted that it has attracted a fringe element that quinces its wicked desires by attending or participating in drum corps activates. Maybe it’s too late to save this activity? How can people say no to the troops, children, America and mom?

• Like 1

I'm offended by this proposal and how detrimental the idea of it is to our activity.

Well, heaven forbid you should be "offended." Look, I think this fake proposal a lame as the next person (I couldn't even get through half of it), but, do we have to play the "offended" card? Really? C'mon.

I can’t believe that people are disagreeing with this proposal. I’m very surprised that there is not more support for good old American values. Perhaps the activity has become so far corrupted that it has attracted a fringe element that quinces its wicked desires by attending or participating in drum corps activates. Maybe it’s too late to save this activity? How can people say no to the troops, children, America and mom?

You forgot apple pie, baby seals, fluffy bunnies and sunshine. Not to mention hockey.

• Like 1

I can't believe that people are disagreeing with this proposal. I'm very surprised that there is not more support for good old American values. Perhaps the activity has become so far corrupted that it has attracted a fringe element that quinces its wicked desires by attending or participating in drum corps activates. Maybe it's too late to save this activity? How can people say no to the troops, children, America and mom?

I truly hope you are the absolute and total master of incredibly dry, subtle satire. If so, well played and I salute you.

But I do not believe that to be the case. (Thought I admit, "Musicians Offering Righteous American Leadership Supersonically" does scream "practical joke" to me)

Wicked desires? Facebook promotes positive values? Shows that damage the audience? Tracking devices? Morally objectionable shows? Audiences are reserved when enjoying the activity- and feel guilty for clapping and cheering? What about people who have chosen not to follow religion- what do they do? Since when are shows are restricted to those under eighteen...?

Also, please provide some examples of shows that expressly promote negative values. Not to say there are none, but I would like you to name some concrete examples.

What I am a little more skeptical of is the shows that damage the audience and/or are morally objectionable... Examples of those, please?