2012 DCA Rules Congress - Baltimore, MD

Glen

I'm not sure, but I would think that there is nothing illegal with using them in a pre-show warmup now, in DCA or DCI.

As I said, that might be wrong though.

That is correct. There are no restrictions on instrument use during the "pre-show" time frame in DCI.

I just hoping the DCA judging community will have the cajones to punish bad balance since DCI to this day does not.

They probably won't though, and just think, in 5 years DCA can get thunderous goo too

rolleyes.gif/>

let's not go to far in the future. DCA may not exist in 5 years.

I'd say the DCA product we see now won't exist in its present form (obviously), but what about a DCA with maximum corps size of 80 performing inside a hockey-type venue?

Fire away!

There are FAR fewer venues of this type than there are available stadiums. If you are going to scale it down, your only practical option is a gym.

You might be right, John.

I do know this . . . .

Hockey-type facilities exist in these locations:

Hershey

Reading

Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton

Rochester

Syracuse

Hartford

Bridgeport

Baltimore

Allentown (next year)

Newark

Binghamton

Buffalo

and the list probably goes on and on.

I'm not sure, but I would think that there is nothing illegal with using them in a pre-show warmup now, in DCA or DCI.

As I said, that might be wrong though.

In 2010 Cabs had a Pre-show that never made it to the field. I still have it memorized and it had the only solo I ever auditioned for (and played darn well I might add). :tongue:

You might be right, John.

I do know this . . . .

Hockey-type facilities exist in these locations:

Hershey

Reading

Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton

Rochester

Syracuse

Hartford

Bridgeport

Baltimore

Allentown (next year)

Newark

Binghamton

Buffalo

and the list probably goes on and on.

Even on Delmarva there are rinks in Harrington DE, and Easton MD (including a curling team!)

Well people. I have "competed" in every decade since 1962. (over 45 Years) Seen a lot of changes in that time. In all areas: Junior, Senior, and All Age.

As far as I can tell. DCA will be gone as we knew/know it, in 5,6, maybe 8 years. It will just be a part (Division maybe) of DCI.

I call whats done today: "Band Corps Field Theater".

Good Luck, Enjoy, Have Fun. Your talent and quality can not be denied. I hope you all have your BEST Season ever !!!

(I do not hate you, or what you do at all. Just not the "Product" I want. We all have a different taste for what we like. Nothing wrong with that.)