Carolina Crown 2013

I can say with 100% accuracy……there is NO Brown.

I would be surprised if there are any published pictures of the uniform before the first show. Even guessing they might not even show at their Preview….might discuss but give no opportunity to unveil before the corps wants it to be seen (seeing how the GWU football stadium field gets chewed up and it has rained more often than not at the recent years Preview).

Suggestion that one might want to wait until they see the full show before critiquing a static picture. But just my thought.

SPOILERS BELOW

Yeah, having seen pictures of the uniforms (it so pays to have inside sources on these corps), I can officially say that picture is NOT exactly how the uniform will be. Expect slight purple on one (?!) leg, black (what looks like) long sleeve fuzzy shirts, and a WHOLE lot of tacky. No brown. Guard uni's are a variation of this. Feel free to quote me on this come show time.

• Like 4

I have seen the uniforms and I for one am "Underwhelmed" and I know that there will be a resounding negative reaction.....then a positive one.....then spin...and who knows what we'll feel about it later on. This is drum corps, so I've seen this story play out before.

I will reserve final judgement though until I see it live in person on the field in motion. This isn't a jump in design, it's a GIANT LEAP.

This isn't a jump in design, it's a GIANT LEAP.

Would you say they've ...... (wait for it) ...... Jumped the shark, over the moon? (for all of mankind's happy days)

I have seen the uniforms and I for one am "Underwhelmed" and I know that there will be a resounding negative reaction.....then a positive one.....then spin...and who knows what we'll feel about it later on. This is drum corps, so I've seen this story play out before.

I will reserve final judgement though until I see it live in person on the field in motion. This isn't a jump in design, it's a GIANT LEAP.

... for Mankind!

:tongue:

• Like 1

BA DUM CHING! yeah but no..it doesn't look like a spacesuit...or does it? HMM Lemme go back and look and see what planet it might come from. haha

I've seen a picture too since I went to the April Camp where it was revealed to the members. When it was first described to me a few hours before I actually saw the picture, I was concerned. I had no clue how it was going to look like anything other than just weird. But, then I saw the picture. I honestly have to say that I feel like it works. I'm excited to see it in motion on the field, and won't make my final judgement until then, but I like it!

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I've said it before: I don't mind a little craziness in a uniform, but I don't want it to be something that causes issues with visuals (ex Blue Stars '07)

I say this every year... I don't understand the big secret.. and also why people get upset when people "leak" information. One thing that isn't helping drum corps is it widely falls off the map during the off season.

DCP wisdom.

Pics don't matter. Neither does seeing it in a horn arc, in the lot, on facebook or (insert other places you see the uniform).

If it works visually at 50 yds under the lights, it's a good uniform design.

I too am waiting to see it live (although I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to work really well).

Crown made a pretty radical turn in their last two designs (first the colored panels then the vests that looked entirely different each year). It should be no surprise to anyone if their next iteration goes in an entirely new direction.

• Like 2