Carolina Crown 2013

I can say with 100% accuracy……there is NO Brown.

I would be surprised if there are any published pictures of the uniform before the first show. Even guessing they might not even show at their Preview….might discuss but give no opportunity to unveil before the corps wants it to be seen (seeing how the GWU football stadium field gets chewed up and it has rained more often than not at the recent years Preview).

Suggestion that one might want to wait until they see the full show before critiquing a static picture. But just my thought.

These are both very reassuring to hear!

I can say with 100% accuracy……there is NO Brown.

I would be surprised if there are any published pictures of the uniform before the first show. Even guessing they might not even show at their Preview….might discuss but give no opportunity to unveil before the corps wants it to be seen (seeing how the GWU football stadium field gets chewed up and it has rained more often than not at the recent years Preview).

Suggestion that one might want to wait until they see the full show before critiquing a static picture. But just my thought.

I turn 50 this year.

Peakaboo games ended before I was 5 years old.

This "sort-of-releasing" info and then the subsequent "you should wait" until releasing info game is not cute, not fun and not interesting.

It is in fact completely annoying.

• Like 2

I turn 50 this year.

This "sort-of-releasing" info and then the subsequent "you should wait" until releasing info game is not cute, not fun and not interesting.

At least Cadets, Madison, Bluecoats, Cavs, and others are giving out some info to those who at least donate. CC is begging, but not even doing that.

I wonder if withholding info is because they want every "t" crossed and "i" dotted before they do so. But you are right, it gets old quickly, loses momentum rather than builds it, and may lead us to donate elsewhere.

• Like 2

I turn 50 this year.

It seems like they're just respecting the corps' wishes to keep quiet until they're ready to show the public. I get what you're saying, but it's totally uncool to leak anything a corps doesn't want out there yet.

Edited by crownisking
  • Like 2

It seems like they're just respecting the corps' wishes to keep quiet until they're ready to show the public. I get what you're saying, but it's totally uncool to leak anything a corps doesn't want out there yet.

It is a very interesting game that the corps play. When to announce, when it is best to announce, what to even reveal. Maybe as fans we always want more information than we have. But I, like you, do seem to trust the corps that when information is released, it is therefore released at the correct time.

All corps have a timeline that they have planned to best suit themselves, they love their fans and do wish to not make them angry by withholding information. They always say the best things come to those who wait. So maybe this year waiting longer means an even better crown production than last year. A production where the visual equals the standard of the music, a truly amazing performance.

1368318389[/url]' post='3260691']

It is a very interesting game that the corps play. When to announce, when it is best to announce, what to even reveal. Maybe as fans we always want more information than we have. But I, like you, do seem to trust the corps that when information is released, it is therefore released at the correct time.

All corps have a timeline that they have planned to best suit themselves, they love their fans and do wish to not make them angry by withholding information. They always say the best things come to those who wait. So maybe this year waiting longer means an even better crown production than last year. A production where the visual equals the standard of the music, a truly amazing performance.

Agreed. I'm sure there's always a good reason why some corps wait longer than others to make announcements. And I'm pretty sure it's never to "build hype."

I turn 50 this year.

I'm not annoyed but I can certainly understand feeling that way.

I think it's silly to treat a marching show design as a huge secret. But it seems a lot of corps like to play the secret game (for various lengths of time). I don't think it's ok to post the "big secret" -- each corps has the right to make the decisions about what is released and when -- but that doesn't stop it from being just plain silly.

Crown has usually announced by this time of year. Hopefully they'll stop being

very soon.

Respectfully to all. I think it is well established by now. Crown doesn't have to build "hype". The quality and peformance level of the product speaks volumes for itself each year.

I am just as excited and interested as anyone about their uniforms, presentation and all that comes with it, but for me as it goes with my beloved Crown it also goes with every corps I see this summer. I am so looking forward to each corps stepping off an making that first impact, that first impression. That first impact of the show. In particular, my alma mater. So why does it really matter what the uniform looks like right now?

I turn 50 this year.

I understand your position. I personally do not like going to the winter camps and cannot share what I hear being played or the latest uniform scheme beside the basic and general thoughts. But the corps has decided to wait as long as possible to release information...."it is what it is" to use a football coach's quote. they can release info how and when they see fit.

My guess is all the music will be released any day now.

At least Cadets, Madison, Bluecoats, Cavs, and others are giving out some info to those who at least donate. CC is begging, but not even doing that.

I wonder if withholding info is because they want every "t" crossed and "i" dotted before they do so. But you are right, it gets old quickly, loses momentum rather than builds it, and may lead us to donate elsewhere.

I don't know if that's necessarily true. No, they didn't promise to give any show or uniform info to anyone who donates, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they won't or haven't already done so. Just because no one here has confirmed it, certainly doesn't mean it didn't happen.