Carolina Crown 2013

hmm...brown and gold would be 2010 (2nd Chance). but the plume did not actually go down the front of the shako.

Carolina%20Crown-0759.jpg

Thanks for the great photo. And there is the feather, right down the front of the plume. Occasionally, one may have plopped which is why I remembered it in the front of the shako. But you are correct by four inches. :-)

Edited by drilltech1

I miss the Velvet Knights. I think their shows were appreciated perhaps even more out of state than they were perhaps in state.

Oh I don't know about that! We loved em in Concord! They always got a huge standing O!

hmm...brown and gold would be 2010 (2nd Chance). but the plume did not actually go down the front of the shako.

didn't notice that before, but it does look as if there is a "stripe" (or alignment of an element) down the entire front of the uni - from the shako down including the left leg ...

1368213068[/url]' post='3260554']

Hopefully they stay away from brown for a while. Three times ('07, '08, '10) is plenty.

Hopefully they stay away from brown for a while. Three times ('07, '08, '10) is plenty.

2007 was actually Gold mostly with a dark brown colored plume -- peach for Evan.

2008 was five different colors alternated on the uniforms between blacks, yellows, oranges and browns with a dark peach colored plume -- Cream for Evan.

So, I mean, it's not like it was the featured color. Mostly just an accent except for the Sepia year in 2010. Just FYI.

Edited by KakkoiiOtaku

This is the photo ashevillemurphy was referring to:

303070_10151590031617641_1600131323_n.jpg

As difficult for me as this is, I'm going to wait for an official announcemt from Crown before I sound off on weather or not I do or don't like this uniform.

The headgear here reminds me of what Ronald Reagan HS from San Antonio wears.

ronald-reagan-2012a.jpg

This is the best picture I could find. You can kind of see how it looks in the background, and Jolesch has some pictures as well that it can probably be seen better in. That was the first thing that entered my mind when I saw the sketch, not sure how indicative it is of Crown's choices for this year.

You were fortunate to be able to have 5 hours of watching and listening to fully appreciate a single show performance. Most audience goers at a DCI local show, by contrast, will have approx. 10 minutes to become engaged by a Corps show. Most in the audiences get one look and one hearing. They don't get to catch the 10 minute Corps show again like many of us here do a few times more during the season. If a Corps can't convey their theme, music quickly and efficiently to an audience member in the few moments that they have in performance, then that is most unfortunate and regrettable,imo. My hope is that Crown, like all the others this season, will find a way to reach the national audiences in a satisfactory manner this year with their chosen show themes, music, visuals.

I'm not sure what your point is here, but I think we're saying the same thing...

1368222225[/url]' post='3260605']

2007 was actually Gold mostly with a dark brown colored plume -- peach for Evan.

2008 was five different colors alternated on the uniforms between blacks, yellows, oranges and browns with a dark peach colored plume -- Cream for Evan.

So, I mean, it's not like it was the featured color. Mostly just an accent except for the Sepia year in 2010. Just FYI.

My point is that for those three years, the color palate was very very closely related. So closely related that if you weren't looking at a side-by-side comparison, you'd think they were the exact same. (I'm speaking of the color palate, not the uniforms.) IMO, brown is just too odd of a color to feature more than once a decade.

I hope they have plumes this year as I like the way they look, but we shall see. Frankly, I am just #### excited that I will get to see Crown in person in just over a month in Palo Alto at Stanford. I want to thank them in advance for coming to California this year as I know it is not cheap for them to travel all the way out here! It was so nice to have Boston here last year and Crown's appearances this season will be much appreciated.

I can say with 100% accuracy……there is NO Brown.

I would be surprised if there are any published pictures of the uniform before the first show. Even guessing they might not even show at their Preview….might discuss but give no opportunity to unveil before the corps wants it to be seen (seeing how the GWU football stadium field gets chewed up and it has rained more often than not at the recent years Preview).

Suggestion that one might want to wait until they see the full show before critiquing a static picture. But just my thought.