Carolina Crown 2013

When I heard the recording of The Abyss from the April Camp, I think I wet myself. I cannot wait to see that on the field

• Like 2

Oh don't worry - it'll happen...

That's one of the reasons one of the most popular freshmen college classes is remedial ........(you pick a course). Subjects that were supposed to have been passed, with proper knowledge, prior to receiving a HS diploma.

Mutiple timpani sets for Also Sprach? ...kinda like the multiple bass drums and such for Fanfare last year....

BD's drill since around 07 or so has bored to me death. And I don't think it has really been all that good. I guess it works on the sheets well... it's not my cup of tea really, and is not entertaining to me. I'd take Leon May's writing any day over BDs. And I had a good long conversation with BDs drill writer and a couple of other staff members over a couple of beers at a bar in Allentown. I respect what they do. But I just do not like their shows. And after that conversation.. I feel like they are in their own little world. There really are good intentions.. they always design with the fans in mind, according to them. I just think they are at a disconnect with many fans. They are doing what they like to do, and they assume that everyone will love that. I really can't blame them.. how are they gonna design a show that their heart isn't in?

I would expand on my thoughts and reasoning more. But this is the Carolina Crown 2013 thread... and I'll let the conversation go back to Crown.

Sounds like you are buying the first pint. Something Hoppy, Please! (not George)

• Like 1

Anyone know what parts of The Abyss Crown will be playing? iTunes is telling me that he did the score for the movie, but not an exact piece named The Abyss. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Really looking forward to this show. Crown should be able to thrown down all season with this show, and blow the West Coast away. Can't wait to see them live.

this is it....

And if not, how well will these pieces translate?

While I can understand the concern everyone seems to be having for the extensive use of choral music in Crown's show this year, I would not worry too much. From what I have heard the majority of their choral selections rely more on nonsensical syllables than actual lyrics, so I think the transition between the two will be nearly flawless. After all, no one seems to be fretting over the use of vocal selections in santa clara's show so I wouldn't worry so much about crown