Carolina Crown 2013

Charlotte and the rest of NC is exceptionally wet this year. There is one good point to this as far as drum corps is concerned...temps have been below 90 since the beginning of June. We've had double the amount of our normal rainfall for the year already so cross your fingers Nightbeat is a dry day.

Every year I've ever been to Nightbeat (all of them since like 2003) it's at least rained once during the day. It might be a sprinkle but it's always something. Except last year there was no rain.

Yeah, I was about to say that I didn't remember any last year. :tongue:

Now, I think rain threatened FirstBEAT last year ... but held off until a bit after the show. I think I remember driving through rain on my way home.

Charlotte and the rest of NC is exceptionally wet this year. There is one good point to this as far as drum corps is concerned...temps have been below 90 since the beginning of June. We've had double the amount of our normal rainfall for the year already so cross your fingers Nightbeat is a dry day.

This year it's not just NC, unfortunately. The entire region has seen more rain than usual this summer. I live in Columbia, and I can probably count on two hands the number of days it hasn't rained in the last month. As I type this, it's poring down outside. Hopefully Mother Nature will let up a little in a couple of weeks, since we've clearly already met our seasonal quota for rainfall.

Boylan HS,

4000 St. Francis Dr,

Rockford IL

awe..I was hoping they would be closer to Dekalb so I could drop in and watch. Eitherway I'm so syked to see them live tonight! Taking some family members so now they will know why I get so excited to see this corp! :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm in the midst of transcribing part of Crown's show, and I came upon this mesmerizing video.

Any idea what the piece is/what Crown plays it for? Encore piece possibly?

My God they play the hell out of this. I know the piece.. I just can't place the name... It's on the tip of my tongue...