Carolina Crown 2013

I will attempt to answer them all. :tongue:

Since is my first summer as a member of DCP, is the atmosphere or mood that we're experiencing now always like this?

Pretty much. I think there were more trolls last year, but still pretty close.

Are there usually posts about scores, either staying them or dropping.

Yeah. I mean, it's something we think about. I'm personally concerned with Crown stagnating. I mean, look at their last five scores ... 83.3, 83.3, 83.15, 83.3, 83.4. They have a rehearsal day today, so hopefully they'll come out swinging tomorrow night and win the first TOC show! Big night tomorrow! Hopefully that will also help them break the stagnation.

Do other members remind all the fans that there is still 4 weeks to go until Indy?

Again, pretty much. And it's true. Take 2008 for example. Everyone thought all summer that BD was going to take it. Even with two weeks before Finals, Phantom was placing either fourth or third at regionals. So, that's a valid thing to mention. If we can learn anything from 2008 or 2000 it's that it's not over until the last performance on Finals night.

I've noticed from many of the posts on here that at the moment the top three corps are Crown, BD, and Cadets, is it usually like this, predicting the top three?

HA! Look at the 2013 predictions thread and look at when that thread was started. Compare that to World Championships last year. If I remember correctly, that thread was started the DAY after Finals in 2012. So ... yes. Again, that's normal. :tongue:

Lastly,what was the view of Crowns show last year compared to this year at the same time?Did most everyone think it was going to be them all the way? Was there a Carolina Crown thread like this one that had over 227,000 views?Boy thats' a lot of questions, but I'm just curious I guess.

Honestly, my view is that there are a LOT more people saying "this is Crown's year" than there ever has been. There were quite a few of us that said that last year, myself included. I even felt it in every fibre of my being after their Finals performance. It brought tears to my eyes thinking "Crown's finally done it!" However, this year feels different. Crown has always come out hot since 2010, but things cooled off in early July or late June ... especially 2010 and 2011. Last year, they stayed hot longer. I think this year is the hottest they've ever been. Yes, scores are stagnating, but I guess they always do around this point in time. When I really look deeper, almost everyone is getting somewhat stagnant leading up to Minnesota on Saturday. So, only time will tell, but the vibe I get is that there are exponentially more people saying "this is Crown's year" than ever before. It's almost like the DCP Fanbase is WILLING Crown to pull this off. I don't see that many people saying the opposite except for homers or people who are just not ready to accept Crown as one of the elite and deserving of their scores. Just my two cents. And notice how I didn't mention a single corps when I said "homers" earlier. I was talking about pretty much anyone who is a homer for anyone except Crown.

I hope I answered your questions.

I wouldn't be surprised if Crown didn't win tomorrow night.......both BD and Cadets had two days off to clean while Crown had only one. However, I think they'll most likely win. As far as the scores go, I think after tomorrow they start to increase again, with new competition like the Cadets, they'll push harder than ever before, If they don't place first tomorrow, it might be a good thing..............they'll really buckle down and get even better to make sure it doesn't happen again. I've been keeping my dad informed about Crowns progress this year. He may not get it all but he knows that they're my pick this year, mostly because I won't shut up about them, either by posting scores on my facebook or I find any real good or inspiring comments I find out about them through this thread. That and I've been making my own timeline of all the world class and open class scores progression on a line graph. Its' been rather funny, this last week I'd tell him they beat the BDs' tonight, and again and again, 4 or 5 beating them in a row and he says "its' sounds like theres' not going to be any competition at finals" Of course I told him not to say that.....there's still 4 weeks left and they haven't competed with the Cadets or other east or midwest corps yet, well I said that and told him not to jinx them. I also told him how many views there has been on this Crown thread and he seriously didn't believe me that there was 227,000 views and still growing.Anyways, I wouldn't be devastated if Crown didn't win it all, Cadets and Santa Clara Vanguard would be alright too...like I said before I think its' Crowns year.

One thing I've wondered since I first heard the show, was what exactly are they vocalizing after "Bayern, 1905"?

• Like 1

One thing I've wondered since I first heard the show, was what exactly are they vocalizing after "Bayern, 1905"?

Bern 1905.

Einstein was living in Bern, Switzerland in 1905 when he published his most groundbreaking articles (including E=mc2 ) !

Edited by corpsband

Numbers again. :tongue:/>

From Knee 3:

Edited by KakkoiiOtaku

That would be BERN 1905. It's a city in Switzerland :)

My bad on the Bern spelling, lol. So are they just saying 1234 at like...hyperspeed?

My bad on the Bern spelling, lol. So are they just saying 1234 at like...hyperspeed?

Basically. They count the beats between note groupings. So it's either 1234 or 123 or 12 depending on the grouping.

Who knew that the Warner Bros. and Dot helped Einstein with that equation ! #stufftheydontteachinschool :tongue:

• Like 1