Carolina Crown 2013

This math is over my head...

64628_10151725599247641_1268635992_n.jpg

I love, love, love those silks.

• Like 1

Does anyone have Crown's schedule for tomorrow or a way to get it? My band's leadership is trying to make a plan.

Does anyone have Crown's schedule for tomorrow or a way to get it? My band's leadership is trying to make a plan.

I made a similar thread and was provided with the answer by the always awesome corpsband. They will be rehearsing from 10-6 at the Blossom athletic center in San Antonio. Directions can be found on Google. They tend to not release their official rehearsal schedule until the morning of, so keep your eyes peeled on their twitter feed. It's @CarolinaCrown. Hope this helps you and your band

Blossom! Spent quite a few days there. Crossmen's ST site. Great facilities

164244_397390800382281_462493161_n.jpg

Courtesy of Drum Corps Memes! :tongue:

• Like 3

An observation about Crown. Hornline, visual, GE all awesome. Weakness is the drumline, but not in the way some have said (talent level). What occurred to me is this show was written for brass, and in the writing I've done, this show would be particularly challenging to write from a battery/field percussion perspective. The brass plays so many notes its difficult to write in a way such that the percussion can compliment them, or the music is slower melodic, again hard to write for. Just my opinion of course, but I would not want to be the one writing the drum book. It's almost as if they wrote the horn book and said here you go, write the percussion book. If they don't win, it will because the line finishes below 4th, and if that happens I think it's more to do with how hard the music is to write for from a percussion point of view. With that said, I'm hoping they pull it out.

Edited by JKT90
  • Like 1

An observation about Crown. Hornline, visual, GE all awesome. Weakness is the drumline, but not in the way some have said (talent level). What occurred to me is this show was written for brass, and in the writing I've done, this show would be particularly challenging to write from a battery/field percussion perspective. The brass plays so many notes its difficult to write in a way such that the percussion can compliment them, or the music is slower melodic, again hard to write for. Just my opinion of course, but I would not want to be the one writing the drum book. It's almost as if they wrote the horn book and said here you go, write the percussion book. If they don't win, it will because the line finishes below 4th, and if that happens I think it's more to do with how hard the music is to write for from a percussion point of view. With that said, I'm hoping they pull it out.

agreed - the books get in each others way... Worried they may finish 6th or even 7th - that will kill a Gold. 4th would possibly be ok depending on the spreads.