Carolina Crown 2013

So I was watching the new Hunger Games Catching Fire trailer today and I got this awesome screen shot....

crowntimp_zpsa58515f9.jpg

• Like 1

It's been low for quite a few years now.

Thanks. I had noticed that the numbers seemed low. Probably just means that there is a lot of talented musicians coming in each year.

Watch the link below. If this run was last night then no, there aren't many changes coming tonight.

Did they speed up the entire show? Sounds faster than a few weeks ago. Not sure speed makes it better. It was already fast enough...

Did they speed up the entire show? Sounds faster than a few weeks ago. Not sure speed makes it better. It was already fast enough...

I think they did speed it up. I watched the San Antonio fan network broadcast and it's definitely much faster than when I saw them in Bentonville 5 days earlier.......Does the ballad need a slower tempo? It feels like they're rushing it, but maybe thats' how it is written though.

Most likely they play their show how its written for them, but I wish they'd hold the last note of the opener, the last note of the ballad and the last note of the show, I know they hold out the 2nd to note a lot longer now, but I'd like to hear the last note go as long as it did at the end of the 2009 Grass is Always Greener show. But that's me just being picky........maybe they'll wait to hold out the lengths of the notes until their performance at finals.......

Recently the way the parts for the corps was explained in this thread, but I'm sure that over the course of the summer parts change.When they're changed do the players get new sheet music, or do they just get told what new notes to play through sectionals? I don't think they're changed dramatically though, just different phrasings or notes. If were to be changed dramatically, then I assume new sheet music would be given out. What would be some causes that would prompt major changes?

I know lately I've been asking a lot of questions but I truly am curious about some of the inner workings inside a corps, and since Crown is my favorite, it seems the best place to put forth the questions.

Thanks. I had noticed that the numbers seemed low. Probably just means that there is a lot of talented musicians coming in each year.

I thought I read that 20% of Crown's brass line were females? And what do you mean the numbers of females in the line were low for a few years probably because they get lots of talent?

I noticed in the warm-up videos that there aren't a lot of girls in Crown's hornline? Is this normal for them? I know there aren't a lot of girls around in corps' hornlines, but didn't know if it was a low year for Crown?

There are quite a few brass females this year, it is hard to tell in warmup videos due to "show hair".

Could this be to ensure enough time for something new to be added?

There are quite a few brass females this year, it is hard to tell in warmup videos due to "show hair".

Thanks. Just couldn't notice it in the videos I had seen.