Carolina Crown 2013

I think they did speed it up. I watched the San Antonio fan network broadcast and it's definitely much faster than when I saw them in Bentonville 5 days earlier.......Does the ballad need a slower tempo? It feels like they're rushing it, but maybe thats' how it is written though.

These are my sentiments...the show was much more "full" sounding prior to the speedup. It was quite clear (in fact I even mentioned it that night on the San Antonio thread) that after the change their sound seemed to get "swallowed up" for better lack of words. It think what is happening is the new, faster tempo is trading off the resonance that gives Crown it's edge in brass. Call me crazy, but I seriously think they should reconsider the tempo change.

These are my sentiments...the show was much more "full" sounding prior to the speedup. It was quite clear (in fact I even mentioned it that night on the San Antonio thread) that after the change their sound seemed to get "swallowed up" for better lack of words. It think what is happening is the new, faster tempo is trading off the resonance that gives Crown it's edge in brass. Call me crazy, but I seriously think they should reconsider the tempo change.

The recording of San Antonio was poor enough that it's really hard to judge. But they could totally afford to stretch the ballad. The show is relatively short this year.

I was expecting more on the ending rewrite, obviously it's not finished. CC's endings always sound the same anyway

You're getting negs for this, I'm sure you've seen. I just looked up the 2010-2012 shows on Youtube and compared the endings to this video. To your credit, all four shows end on the same chord (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) which is held for approximately the same amount of time. I don't agree with you, by the way, but I guess that's the argument you could take.

• Like 1

If that new ending isn't THE ending, they need to get cracking.

Two weeks until Indianapolis.

You're getting negs for this, I'm sure you've seen. I just looked up the 2010-2012 shows on Youtube and compared the endings to this video. To your credit, all four shows end on the same chord (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) which is held for approximately the same amount of time. I don't agree with you, by the way, but I guess that's the argument you could take.

All of their shows end with their ceasing to play and leaving the field. How unoriginal. :tongue:

• Like 1

The last chord is the same. The way they get there is not. Except for 2009 and 2010, that is. :music:

Edited by skywhopper

the guy says in the comments section of the video that there are still 5 visual things they added in the last 20 minutes of rehearsal that's not shown in the video.....so there's more coming

Edited by msumello