Carolina Crown 2013

179751_10151740254847641_604900880_n.jpg

Ms. Petrina Chan created this graphic and posted it on twitter. Someone with Crown saw it and now it's on their Facebook page as well.

• Like 4

Finals week will be so exciting!

I'm pulling for my three favorite corps!

Cadets! Crown! and Vanguard!

• Like 1

I looked back in my Crown Brass Girls pics from finals rehearsal and 2011 had 8 ladies and 2012 had 9. I know of least 10 this season so it does look like the females are gaining. :)

Guess they are gaining, 10 just seems like a small number. Guess the corps I was with just had a larger group of girls in the line. Not saying I minded in the slightest. :ph34r:

Best of luck to Crown in the next couple of weeks. Hope they can keep tweaking this show and jump back on top of the pile

Someone's got a new ending......

Check out "that" site....

oooh, I like that.

This. Almost everyone speeds it up as the members get in better shape. It probably gives you some more flexibility for late-season changes and just increases the overall energy of the show. There was a part in 2009 where at the beginning of the season it was 194 bpm and by the end of the season it was something like 204 or 206.

My point was that the new tempo isn't working like they thought it would... It also coincided with Cadets and BD passing them up. I don't think it is a coincidence. (Note: I saw the new tempo in a San Antonio rehearsal)

Edited by superOOk

I'm not really sure how I feel about the new ending either. It's not that I don't like it, it's just not what I expected. Who knows, I may love it by the time I see it live.

Edited by crownisking

I'm not really sure how I feel about the new ending either. It's not that I don't like it, it's just not what I expected it would be. Who knows, I may love it by the time I see it live.

I agree. Two things that stand out most:

The awkward musical transition into Also Sprach

And

The lack of velocity in the drill.

It's nice to hear the reprise, and sure you got the "crown" but both seem to be there, just "to be there". The crown is held way too long, and the drill is too slow for being the last 1:30 of the show.

Last years music and drill pulled the crowd to their feet, as of right now not feeling that. Still got time for some revision and perfecting.

New Ending Thoughts:

1) Much improved music-wise

2) Needs velocity in drill, specifically right before the "crown".

My bet is that they will be adding that crazy drill in the next 2 weeks :) But much improved, and I loved to hear Also Sprach again!!