Carolina Crown 2013

They can't make up that 1 point gap in the percussion score - not in the next 48 hours. Not going to happen. That will cost them the title.

They're finished. They're toast. Put a fork in them - they're done.

Better luck next year.

Troll #1 meet Troll #2. In the immortal words of WC Fields: "Go away kid! Ya bother me!"

They can't make up that 1 point gap in the percussion score - not in the next 48 hours. Not going to happen. That will cost them the title.

They're finished. They're toast. Put a fork in them - they're done.

Better luck next year.

And as we all know, a season where oldschooldbc sticks a fork in you is a total waste of time. Win another Ott? Bah! Crowd favorite from coast to coast? Who cares! Stellar performance of awesome music? That's for losers! Really, they should just pack up their stuff tonight and head for home.

• Like 1

Before seeing the theater performance, I thought Crown's percussion was holding them back. Now, I think their god-tier horn line is propping them up. The level of performance isn't close to BD, and probably not to the Cadets.

Then what about their guard which has been swapping wins with BD, their GE scores right at the top, or their visual proficiency, which they have been winning multiple times this season?

I don't think Crown is marching it's real ending?

Then what about their guard which has been swapping wins with BD, their GE scores right at the top, or their visual proficiency, which they have been winning multiple times this season?

Edit #3: Crown's show doesn't seem as polished as BD or Cadets.

Edited by asdf072

I HATE the narration in this show more than any other narration that I've ever heard. Incredible cheesy junk.

The triumph of that particular poem is that it goes so far beyond cheesy that it hits ultra-sincerity territory. I hope everyone has someone in their life they feel that strongly about.

Also, those sustained chords that people go so nuts about? Not very demanding.

How do you feel about the 20-second long unison Eb that ends the Blue Devils show? That's longer than Crown holds any note this year. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Before seeing the theater performance, I thought Crown's percussion was holding them back. Now, I think their god-tier horn line is propping them up. The level of performance isn't close to BD, and probably not to the Cadets.

Thus the one-point-plus difference in Percussion score...

Crown has already proven they can win even with a percussion deficit of that size. It's not easy, but they've done it.

Tommeee-

Your comment about sustained chords not being demanding??

You have done the proverbial better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt:-)

Yes simply playing a note isn't the demand but playing it in tune, with no holes, powerful and consistently is VERY demanding. Crown does it better than any corps ever has. Actually their hornline does all facets better than any line ever has and are lightyears ahead of any other line this year.

But I'm sure you also find all of their double and triple tonguing simple as well lol.... And they play that crystal clean

• Like 2