Carolina Crown 2013

Unless they had a dog of a show last night, making up the difference in percussion will be more about who the judge is than any improvement in playing.

If BD pull out their lead to .2 or more, then I think they will win tomorrow night. If Crown can maitain the gap or even close it then who knows what will happen on Saturday night.

Now that I've seen the corps live a couple times just want to add my thoughts

Brass - VERY good

Guard - VERY good

Visual Program - much improved, much cleaner than LY - but also, less demand

I am not a fan of the uniforms - MUCH preferred the cream. They look like a combination of Magic and BD. Makes the players look 2 feet shorter, especially with the tall hat and the thick strip down the leg.

Drill isn't very original - most of the visual things are retread from prior year's programs and/or others programs / so after seeing it live a second time I am kind of already bored with it

Percussion is a big issue - I would have had them in 8th last night

Personally I preferred last year's program and especially The Grass Is Always Greener

Guard is extremely good - I'd put them just below BD only due to staging and originality/vocubularly of work. Stellar

Last night's run - they marched a very clean drill, the guard was very good but in spots lacked a little energy. Brass was good but I preferred their performance Sunday night in Allentown -- a little more air through the horsn that night. Ballad playing was magical

See BD taking Gold this year with Crown in 2nd

Great job Crown :thumbup:

To overcome the one point deficit in percussion, Crown must win GE (which they did last night by .30) and Visual (which they lost last night by .25) by a combined .55, while maintaining their lead in brass and music analysis.

With Debbie Torchia judging color guard tonight (a sure win for BD), Crown's bet bet for winning Visual will be Saturday night with a slate of Michael Turner (visual prof.) Michael Lentz (visual analysis) and Lee Carlson (color guard.)

With Debbie Torchia judging color guard tonight (a sure win for BD), Crown's bet bet for winning Visual will be Saturday night with a slate of Michael Turner (visual prof.) Michael Lentz (visual analysis) and Lee Carlson (color guard.)

Where can we find the judging slate for both the Semi's today and Finals Saturday ? Thanks in advance.

Where can we find the judging slate for both the Semi's today and Finals Saturday ? Thanks in advance.

It got buried a couple pages back on DCP, here you go:

World Championship Prelims — Thursday, Aug. 8

General Effect Visual: Mickey Kelly, Dan Niebauer

General Effect Music: Joe Allison, Jeff Harper

Visual: Michael Thompson

Visual Analysis: Ken Giese

Color Guard: George Oliviero

Brass: George Boulden

Music Analysis: Andy Cook

Percussion: Martin Griffin

World Championship Semifinals — Friday, Aug. 9

General Effect Visual: Kyle Miller, Frank Morris

General Effect Music: Nola Jones, Ken Turner

Visual: Juno Orefice

Visual Analysis: Tim Ochran

Color Guard: Debbie Torchia

Brass: Mark McGahey

Music Analysis: Jay Kennedy

Percussion: Glenn Fugett

World Championship Finals — Saturday, Aug. 10

General Effect Visual: Richard Kemp, Marie Czapinski

General Effect Music: John Bell, Wayne Dillon

Visual: Michael Turner

Visual Analysis: Michael Lentz

Color Guard: Lee Carlson

Brass: Albert Lo

Music Analysis: David McGrath

Percussion: Jeff Prosperie

It got buried a couple pages back on DCP, here you go:

World Championship Prelims — Thursday, Aug. 8

General Effect Visual: Mickey Kelly, Dan Niebauer

General Effect Music: Joe Allison, Jeff Harper

Visual: Michael Thompson

Visual Analysis: Ken Giese

Color Guard: George Oliviero

Brass: George Boulden

Music Analysis: Andy Cook

Percussion: Martin Griffin

World Championship Semifinals — Friday, Aug. 9

General Effect Visual: Kyle Miller, Frank Morris

General Effect Music: Nola Jones, Ken Turner

Visual: Juno Orefice

Visual Analysis: Tim Ochran

Color Guard: Debbie Torchia

Brass: Mark McGahey

Music Analysis: Jay Kennedy

Percussion: Glenn Fugett

World Championship Finals — Saturday, Aug. 10

General Effect Visual: Richard Kemp, Marie Czapinski

General Effect Music: John Bell, Wayne Dillon

Visual: Michael Turner

Visual Analysis: Michael Lentz

Color Guard: Lee Carlson

Brass: Albert Lo

Music Analysis: David McGrath

Percussion: Jeff Prosperie

Cool. Now we know what judge(s) to blame if our favorite Corps (s) do not score the way they should have at each show. ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

Cool. Now we know what judge(s) to blame if our favorite Corps (s) do not score the way they should have at each show. ( lol!)

Maybe you could send Jeff Prosperie a giant basket of fruit, or a Candygram or something. Because unless he gives your percussion line a generous score - in fact, a very generous score - you have zero chance of winning tomorrow night. Zero.

(Of course, a Candygram may not be the best idea; it may turn out like

) Edited by oldschooldbc

Let be start by saying I never pull for BD. I dislike their program approach and have for many years. My entire Drum Corps past has been with SCV and I naturally root against the Devils.

Tonight’s percussion score will determine if Crown has any chance of being named DCI Champion.

If BD maintains the percussion spread over Crown tonight, there is no chance Crown will come out on top tomorrow. If two judges give BD a +1 point spread in percussion on two consecutive nights, the 3rd judge is highly unlikely to see it drastically differently on the 3rd consecutive performance. Yes they could narrow the spread but if you are at all objective the statistics say BD is going to win. Yes there are years in the past when the unexpected happened, it’s just very unlikely. If you are holding out for one of these events (and if SCV was in your position I would be) fine. Just realize it a low probability.

Tonight is very important for Crown. If Crown’s percussion can gain maybe .3 tenths tonight and another .3 tomorrow night then you can see a path to victory. If not, its game over. So again this is Crowns most import show of the year and will determine their fate.

This is just IMHO.

Go Crown and Spoke those stupid poles

SCV. Let’s see how many Babies you can get thrown from the Stands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BD Congratulations on yet another real sleeper of a show. So sad to see how so much talent is misused. Imagine if they used it to Rock the Drum Corps World with a kick A%$ program.

WOW - I see that she whose name will not be spoken is on the Saturday night panel

I thought she had put herself out to pasture and then was not welcomed back after her sabbatical?

frankiE