Carolina Crown 2013

Alas, "the synth volume is too low" is a phrase ne'er uttered at a drum corps show... devil.gif

Hahaha, no joke, not making this up...in ensemble the other day, they kept asking John the sound guy to up the fader on the channel for the sampled sounds and synth. Then there was a mini-speech about how important the sampled sounds were to a particular moment in the show and how they "must be heard"... Man, I wish I had recorded it. If nothing else, I know most people would have gotten a good laugh from it.

Edited by crownisking

Carolina Crown Drum Break

Looks like they are back to 4 vocalists.

I noticed that as well. I never could figure out why they had that one girl waltz to her mic. Really not a big deal, I just thought it looked a little silly. tongue.gif

Who has the pictures >:| ? post post post post!!!!!!

Who has the pictures >:| ? post post post post!!!!!!

It's plenty of pics floating around on twitter. Probably too many to post here. But it you search #CarolinaCrown you shouldn't be disappointed.

Edited by crownisking

Okay so quick question (I think I know the answer but I still wanna make sure).

Crown is going to be in my neck of the woods tomorrow. I would like to see them do ensemble rehearsal. It should be an open rehearsal right?

I would imagine they're shuffling them in and out during rehearsals to save their voices. The voice is incredibly fragile, not built for the constant rehearsing of drum corps, plus if one of them injures their voice, what's the corps going to do? That can't be an easy part for someone else to learn on the fly.

• Like 1

Okay so quick question (I think I know the answer but I still wanna make sure).

Crown is going to be in my neck of the woods tomorrow. I would like to see them do ensemble rehearsal. It should be an open rehearsal right?

Yes - the only time Crown rehearsals are closed are when the stadium mandates it (happens every now and then, usually if it's a big stadium or if it's the show site later that night).