Carolina Crown 2013

Honestly...I am also not liking the new uniforms. Why a corps with a unique look (All cream) would abandon that is really strange to me. It's like the corps today can not move fast enough from season to season to change their identities (Be it look, show choice...etc).

On a good note....I heard some of the show and it sounds like a pretty good one....

I love the new uni in the large scale pictures. I've said here that IMO drum corps should move towards more costuming than military-style unis, and this is a first small step. Love their show this year, inc the unis.

• Like 2

I have a few short clips and pictures from tonight that I'm gonna post in the next 24. Hours.

They had a good crowd of.. 40-90 people probably more this evening during rehearsal.

I can tell you one thing, if they get the book clean, people better watch out.

• Like 2

I have a few short clips and pictures from tonight that I'm gonna post in the next 24. Hours.

They had a good crowd of.. 40-90 people probably more this evening during rehearsal.

I can tell you one thing, if they get the book clean, people better watch out.

Heard that Michael Klesch and Keith Potter were running ensemble. (emphasis on the verb run !)

Are you going again tomorrow?

Heard that Michael Klesch and Keith Potter were running ensemble. (emphasis on the verb run !)

Are you going again tomorrow?

Maybe, it depends on if I swing by before I have to go into work for the evening. I want too, I feel like I'm starting to just finally get a grasp of the show I think.

They did some pretty big chunks.. And I mentioned early the drum break with the corps members counting, works really well in real life. And a bunch of notes happen as well.

The narration was back during the ballad (which is absolutely beautiful and classic crown). And the return of 'The Chord' in the opener is good as well.

If I end up going I'lll take some more.

Their rehearsals are very fun too, at one point some of the horn members had a push a pole vault bag off the field because the guard almost crashed on it. The Horn members ran over and went " Push!" Loud enough so everyone that was watching could hear it. As they walked back the rest of the corps were jokingly clapping at them, and the crowd starting doing it as well. And Klesch made a comment after they went back to starting points along the lines of "I find it funny that they clap louder for you guys pushing a mat off the field, than they do after a rep".

I found it funny at least

Edited by ohwiseone
  • Like 2

Already seeing so much improvement in two days. thumbup.gif

LOL the little girls' reaction......I had to go back and watch it again and again.......

• Like 1

Maybe, it depends on if I swing by before I have to go into work for the evening. I want too, I feel like I'm starting to just finally get a grasp of the show I think.

They did some pretty big chunks.. And I mentioned early the drum break with the corps members counting, works really well in real life. And a bunch of notes happen as well.

The narration was back during the ballad (which is absolutely beautiful and classic crown). And the return of 'The Chord' in the opener is good as well.

If I end up going I'lll take some more.

Their rehearsals are very fun too, at one point some of the horn members had a push a pole vault bag off the field because the guard almost crashed on it. The Horn members ran over and went " Push!" Loud enough so everyone that was watching could hear it. As they walked back the rest of the corps were jokingly clapping at them, and the crowd starting doing it as well. And Klesch made a comment after they went back to starting points along the lines of "I find it funny that they clap louder for you guys pushing a mat off the field, than they do after a rep".

I found it funny at least

Thanks for the update!

The narration is back in the ballad... he's actually doing a really good job! It works really well for the ballad, but since there is no other narration in the entire show it's kinda outta nowhere (none of the show is about the love between these two and after the ballad is over we never see or hear about it again), and it's still kinda distracting. They're toying with the guard in the end also, I like this version more than the "Rach Star" one on previous vids. Overall these guys look ready to blow the stands down in competition.

icon_4.gif

Oh yeah, there's a full run from the 16th up :)

Love it. Really very Crown. Already used to narration. Nice use of body movement, staging and pattern. Some of their past body movements felt too forced. These movements just fit well..

• Like 1

The narration is back in the ballad... he's actually doing a really good job! It works really well for the ballad, but since there is no other narration in the entire show it's kinda outta nowhere (none of the show is about the love between these two and after the ballad is over we never see or hear about it again), and it's still kinda distracting. They're toying with the guard in the end also, I like this version more than the "Rach Star" one on previous vids. Overall these guys look ready to blow the stands down in competition.

icon_4.gif

Oh yeah, there's a full run from the 16th up :)

I really like this show and am glad the narration is still there. The guy doing the narration seems more comfortable since we first saw the show last week.

One of those rolling bass drums broke at the beginning of the ballad in the clip from the 16th. You can see them take it off the field.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 1