Carolina Crown 2013

I didn't see the prism thing you talk about. Is it new?

Seriously you have to see this show live to really get the effect. That hornline will blow your face off. So loud and clean sounding.

They sure looked great tonight, and congrats to the guard for taking first tonight. Good to see them getting such recognition

• Like 2

There is a major difference between "some who just don't 'get it.'" and those who who just don't agree.

But please, don't be so much of a homer to deny that each style whether celebratory or impersonal/military has its limits because humans are the performers and humans have limits.

Drilltech1 is not completely right, but neither is he wrong. It's not a black or white dichotomy. Because you don't like the impersonal style doesn't mean the celebratory is perfect either. Be fair with both eyes. Each is appropriate for its own circumstance. What that circumstance is is not an infallible decision, as witnessed by the horns up and down by the rest of the corps peers at Crown.

You're making my case.

No where did I say there was no room for corps who choose to do the military bearing thing . In fact I said I actually enjoyed that style too. You're confused.

Your post illustrates that you clearly *don't* get Crown's approach because you (again) brought up the late horns down in a seven second snippet of Crown in a parade. Not gonna try to explain any further. As I said -- some people just don't understand or appreciate it. Which is fine -- the world will continue to turn.

Edited by corpsband

I'm amazed every time how much the brassline has improved with those runs. The tonging is completely off the hook this early for this season!

I didn't see the prism thing you talk about. Is it new?

I think what everyone's referring to as a prism is actually a rotating triangle pyramid near the end of the closer when you hear the "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8." (For reference, see 11:48 of the Walnut show on Fan Network.)

Edited by Fobo1991

I am so very anxious for July 11th! The first time I get to see Crown and Cadets at the same show! Hope during their travels this week, they both get a chance to clean a good chunk of their shows! Yay drum corps!