Carolina Crown 2013

Thank you for your service.

Great to meet you and your folks at Allentown. Congrats, Alum, you have a mighty fine drum corps.

?. I think that may be the first time I've ever heard that used in this arena.

"Immortal" was on top of my list for them to play until I heard "

". The material that starts around the 9:02 mark has also become a standalone piece called "Enter the Galaxies".

Wow, I've never heard equilibrium before. That has drum corps potential written all over it.

Wow, I've never heard equilibrium before. That has drum corps potential written all over it.

but I could also hear and see this on the Horizons for a drum corps show

Edited by drilltech1

but I could also hear and see this on the Horizons for a drum corps show

Great music! I hear a lot of Eric Whitacre's Equus in the first one.

2009 was just pure magic in so many ways. The drill, as George mentioned, is amazing. The music is amazing. The performance was amazing. That is one year that I can understand why BD scored so high, although I felt BD's show was relatively sterile compared to Crown's.

I’ll never forget seeing the Puck for the first time on video at the beginning of the season. Listened to that show non-stop that summer.

Edited by Hrothgar15

I’ll never forget seeing the Puck for the first time on video at the beginning of the season. Listened to that show non-stop that summer.

I've listened to that show so many times...

09 is one of my favorite shows ever of ANY corps - and that corps got better all 3 nights during finals week - really fun to watch.

It's interesting how we can watch the same show and come away with different ideas. I really got tired of that show as the season went on, and, as a result, haven't listened to it or watched it in some time. Also, I could never really dig the ending. Alright, I should check it out again.

2009 was just pure magic in so many ways. The drill, as George mentioned, is amazing. The music is amazing. The performance was amazing. That is one year that I can understand why BD scored so high, although I felt BD's show was relatively sterile compared to Crown's.

Dat drumline.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crown's field recordings from Finals week are up for sale right here and may I just say the brass only recordings are out of this world (minus some cheering in the background in the beginning. Apparently not aware a recording was going on?)